Favorite PCB cleaners

snip

It is like going out on the porch to see the sunrise on Titan...

With the house also being on Titan, of course.

Reply to
SoothSayer

You would be able to think of better comebacks if you didn't spend all your time r****ng Phil Allision.

Reply to
miso

We've had a hell of a week in the bay area, weather wise.

This is all good info. The last thing you want are soft failures due to contamination. Now do you conformal coat the boards so that they don't get grunge in the field?

Reply to
miso

A friend was "the radio guy" in the air force. They would hose off the R390As on the edge of the runway. Collins provided a special soap. In the sand box it was hot enough that no oven was required.

Reply to
miso

Go the f*ck away, you immature little retarded know nothing bitch!

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Nymbecile's a spent force these days. Not that the imbecile was any good in the first place.

You shouldn't compare him to Phil, though. At least Phil knows what he's talking about.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

OK, same board, resoldered with lots of rosin flux glopped on and between pads. After 4 days, it's pinning the meter on the 1e14 ohm range.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Thanks John!

Reply to
Joel Koltner

The water based fluxes are usually an organic acid. If any gets left on the board for more than 24 hours after soldering, I was told to scrap the boards. Residues will not only eat your circuits but vary impedance with ambient humidity. We used a commercial quality dishwasher for the boards and had few problems. With hi-Z circuits, a conformal coating is worth investigating. If you do this, bake the boards at about 170F to drive out any moisture before coating.

I remember using a glass diode as a clamp in a Hi-Z circuit many years back. Found that it was a lousy photodiode and created a photocurrent when exposed to light... totally throwing off the circuit. Went to plastic cased diodes and the problem went away. Reworked existing boards with a touch of black paint on the glass diode.

Reply to
Oppie