Re: I think I'm going to be sick...

> I think I'm going to be sick... > > "Let's all play tug of peace now, not tug of war." > > ...Jim Thompson

From the LA Times story "Which Barack Obama will govern?"

"And some Democrats are already debating whether Obama's promised middle-class tax cut should be scaled back to lessen the hit to the budget. "He should be able to persuade the country that some promises are going to have to be put on hold," said Will Marshall of the centrist Democratic Leadership Council."

Ink is not even dry on the election results.

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, TX

Democrats have no problem lying to attain office. Everyone who has run the numbers says the only way Obama's spending and taxing can balance is if the tax hit extends down to ~ $50K-60K. If Congress tries that they'll all be tossed in the 2010 mid-term election.

What I wonder about is his comments on bankrupting coal-fired power companies. That ought to bring the economy to a screeching halt :-(

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Make that "Politicians" and you'll look less foolish.

"Read my lips. No new taxes."

"We will restore dignity and honor to the White House."

"I'm a uniter, not a divider."

Well, he may have been right on that one

--though not in the way his simple mind envisioned it; the Republicans *were* soundly trounced yesterday. Even looking at the returns from (traditionally Red) Orange County would have made you think you were somewhere else.

Reply to
JeffM

Which 'Orange County' are you talking about?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

The (formerly) clearly-Republican-majority bastion south of Los Angeles.

Reply to
JeffM