failure

Volvo is a Ford company.

Sure. Buy 'em up while they're hot.

Though 'round here the Subaru's are driven by the nut-cases.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Pakistan, if need be.

Too bad. Shoot 'em.

Self-defense is goodness. If the "Palistinians" weren't blowing up Israeli women and children the IDF wouldn't be trying to whack their leaders. If the Palistinian "leaders" didn't hide behind the skirts of their women and children, fewer would die.

When they're killing others and hiding behind women's skirts, no.

Spoils of *WAR*. ...as in security zones to make sure they don't get attacked *AGAIN*. Remember?

I got it. You, on the other hand, have a very selective memory.

"Lording"? How is sweeping up the results of daily homicide bombers "lording"?

--
  Keith
Reply to

You must get *all* your news from the BBC and CNN. You might want to broaden your horizons (can you google?), but you can start here:

I've been pretty clear where I live. Vermont, USA (the only state that is so blue it's pinker than MA).

Really? The Italians were hunky dory? What about the Russians? Can you say Imperialism (Dutch/English/French/...)? Good greaf, Pooh!

...and middle-easterners. At least Tony Blair has *some* backbone.

So you invite more in? Good plan (though the US is no better here).

Good idea that, eh?

That "far right-wing interest" is called "self-preservation".

--
  Keith
Reply to

"The final solution"? ...makes sense.

Sure, tehre are extremist in every crowd. The ones here seem to be quite well educated and fit into society as well as any other group.

--
  Keith
Reply to

A Kirpan-carrying Sikh?

Yes, in 1985 (following India's Golden Temple Massacre of Sikhs in

1984 which killed many hundreds), killing about as many Canadian citizens (mostly of Indian origin) proportionally as 9/11 did Americans. The handling of the investigation by the RCMP and CSIS has been controversial and the results not particularly satisfactory.

And, of course, Indira Gandhi was assassinated by her Sikh bodyguards in 1984 following the Golden Temple massacre, and many thousands of Sikhs were killed in the (allegedly) deliberately organized riots that followed.

The issues with India aside, Sikhs generally seem like dignified decent folks. Especially the kindly old fellow who runs my favorite Punjabi restaurant.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Sadly so. Volvo's Ford now too.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

First I've heard of any propensity in that direction. Have you experienced one ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Talking of ditinctions, the 'Ulstermen' have an almost entirely incomprehensible hard guttural accent, whilst those from the South have a nice gentle lilt.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Before the ice melted and uncovered Scotland ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

You see Saabs as a 'nut case' car ?

I have to admit they are rather fun. :-)))

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Rather than respond individually, I'll simply point out that what you suggest would simply deepen Moslem hatred for the West and ensure it gets worse.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

aware

What the hell is this rubbish ?

" The increasing frequency and severity of anti-Semitic incidents since the start of the 21st century, particularly in Europe, has compelled the international community to focus on anti-Semitism with renewed vigor "

No wonder the USA hasn't a clue about foreign affairs.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I read in sci.electronics.design that Jim Thompson wrote (in ) about 'failure', on Mon,

26 Sep 2005:

It IS. A theory is something that has been confirmed by numerous experiments with no countering evidence. But they deliberately misled people by using it is if it were something UNCONFIRMED.

See my previous post on acceptable and unacceptable ways to tell kids about ID.

John Woodgate

Do you really want a lecture on 1500+ years of Irish history? The Scots came in fact from Ireland, and arrived in Scotland in the 6th and 7th centuries, creating the kingdom of Dalriada. But that's not what you meant, and the ancestors of today's Scots (and of that fairly small number who settled in Ireland about the same time as the Pilgrim Fathers were just finding their feet in New England) are a mixed bunch including the said Irish, the Strathclyde Britons, Northumbrian Angles, Vikings, and Picts, though nobody's quite sure who they were. Oh, and Romans too, unless the garrisons of the forts north of Hadrian's Wall were a peculiarly ascetic bunch.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Saab's still haven't got over Timo Makkinnen (sp) in the 60s. Different car then anyway, 3 cylinder 2 stroke. It's just another big heavy family car now. And Subarus round here are used to take the kids to school.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

start of

community

That's because any criticism of Israel is counted as an "anti-Semitic incident". This post probably will be added to the pile.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

incomprehensible

The Urush pluywrught Sun U'Cusuy ulwuys wrute Nurthurn Urush spuch usung unluy Us us vuwuls.

Puul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Not personally; I think Saabs look silly, and the turbos blow up too often. But a few years ago, there was a scandal here in California. Inside the glove box there was a fuse panel. It was a phenolic board with the fuse clips and wire connectors rivited on. Everybody here will know what happens next: i^r heating, cold flow, runaway. The glove boxes were catching fire on the road and, in a couple of cases, in garages. Saab stonewalled it, and didn't fix it, for several years until the lawyers picked up on it. Story was that one old guy in Sweden (or whherever Saabland is) was in charge of the fuse panels, and nobody dared to annoy him about it.

Interestingly, most car reliability problems are now electricals, and the quality is now, in order, Japanese, US, European. BMW and Mercedes are (from reports I've read) far behind on connector and harness quality. My '93 VW has been fine so far, but then it was made in Mexico.

John

Anybody remember how they got to be occupied? Or why Israel is about three times a big as the UN defined it to be? Anybody remember the slogan "Drive the Jews into the sea"?

John

I personally suspect that the Darwinian model, random mutation and natural selection, is naive. DNA is a lot smarter than that. It's reasonable to point out that the standard model of evolution still has a lot of holes, which it certainly does.

What's the harm of mentioning it, or of teaching the history, theory, and effects of religion? As far as I know, every known human culture has had fire, language, and religion.

John