Failure mode

What failure mode would cause my digital clock to display the time as

91:6 ?

John

Upside down?

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Global Warming ?:-)

OR: Clock is upside down ;-)

OR: Clock has a display mode for mirror-viewing, or display onto ceiling.

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Too many Russian Ales at Zeitgeist yesterday? :-)

Like digital voltmeters the dot location is often selected by two bits, maybe one of them is stuck or a rubber contact has gone hi-Z. I had that on a new clock radio but fixing it took only 10 minutes versus 45 minutes to return it. Plus they'd have thrown it into the trash which goes against my grain and the way I was brought up. Archie Bunker's method would probably be a good whack onto the side to fix it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

In article , snipped-for-privacy@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com says...>

Fell off the table?

Reply to
krw

Inversion.

James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

On a sunny day (Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:30:20 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

LOL

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The time is 9:16 and the clock's upside down. ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hey, maybe it wants to convey part of a biblical message:

Psalm 91:6 (New International Version)

nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Maybe the Star Date.

Reply to
krw

That, and the fact that I should have got my lazy butt off to work well before than.

John

Not just that you're late, and viewing it upside down, but that you're laying in bed face up, head tilted straight up at the clock on the headboard, which therefore appears upside down. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

Clearly user error. No repair possible, scrap it and buy an new one.

Reply to
PeterD

It was designed by Jon Slaughter?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Mine does that quite often, even the right way up. It synchronises to a radio transmitter, but the clever people who programmed it just made it check that the parity was correct before setting the clock, and when picking up only interference, there is a 50% chance that the parity is right. Clever...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

!PRAC ho -noisrevnI laropmeT a s'ti ,taht naht esrow s'tI

H.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

!PRAC ??

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

A PRAC is a dead fish.

John

Been sleeping with the fishes again ?:-)

Did your clock really indicate 91:6?

...Jim Thompson

Oh dear, the singularity is spreading!

Cheers, James Arthur