Small connector for bicycle battery?

I am looking for some small connectors for my bicycle headlight battery, regulator and bulb lead. They should be as small as possible and handle 1.5 amps. The one for the bulb and battery should have 2 contacts and the regulator connector needs 3. Please let me know if you know of any good connectors for this application.

Please remove the spam-busting 7 from my e-mail address if copying your response directly to me.

Thanks!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I used phono connectors successfully for 2 pin connectors on my bike. John.

Reply to
Laceby.Man

I'd use the Molex 1625 .062-series connectors. They're good up to

5 Amps in the 2- and 3-connector form factors, are polarized, and good to 250 V isolation. Course, I already have a crimper and terminals so maybe that's cheating...

Anyhow, go to

and enter 1625 in the part number field to go to the family page to look at them. Digikey carries them. Look for Digikey p/n WM1220-ND and WM1230-ND for the 2-position version. You'll need male and female terminals to crimp on, as well; see the pdf of the catalog page.

Assuming you have the wire and have or can borrow an appropriate crimper the whole deal should cost about $3, so get a couple extra.

Back when I was a serious bike commuter I used these with a Nightsun

12 volt lighting system in all *kinds* of weather with no problems.
--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to