Excel Problem

So far I haven't encountered that in business. There is the occasional case where someone does use 2007 and sends a file in this new-fangled proprietary format. Upon request they reformat and nothing gets lost. Which sometimes surprises folks.

There are much better open source database programs, although unfortunately many of those are Linux-centric so can't be used in most businesses. I could, inside a virtual engine. Then again MS-Works really suffices and does databasing very nicely. Considering that you can always buy a full license for under $50 that software is a real bargain. My first copy of DOS-Works 1.05 cost me $105 back in 1989 when I first started self-employed. Even that was a bargain because, just like Windows-Works today, it did my complete biz-bookkeeping.

To my surprise many small business owners do not know about this little gem that comes pre-loaded on many PCs. It's listed on the invoice but soon forgotten. When I show them what it can do it is always a real eye-popper.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

=20

=20

schools=20

of=20

The number one reason that works is that the new formats ARE less complete, though slightly less insane/inconsistent. And totally incompatible. And i have heard that MSO 2007 will not write anything farther back than MSO 2003 (maybe MSO 2000).

=20

=20

Pavlov effect.

Reply to
JosephKK

That has brought Microsoft mainly one thing: Less sales. I didn't buy it, a slew of clients didn't buy it, and so on. Kind of like Vista.

That sets in earlier, for example when I look something up in a database on my laptop. "Now how did you do this?"

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

little=20

=20

=20

Which Pavlov are you talking about? I was talking about the classical training experiments.

Reply to
JosephKK

Same thing I was thinking about.