Ever seen a part like this?

CA2206, made by TRW circa 1979. 9 pin SIP, two pins cut, black molded box on top of a hunk of aluminum with screws. Pulled from what I think was a small TV transmitter (channel 3-4, a few watts?), likely the final RF amp.

All I know about it is, it exists. I'd guess it's something self biased, like a power forerunner of an MMIC, possibly with matching or tuning built in. Any ideas on pinout, voltage, specs?

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Am 01.07.2012 04:54, schrieb Tim Williams:

CATV hybrid amplifier. It is not in my 1977 TRW data book.

Similar devices feature 17 dB gain 30-300 MHz 7 dB noise figure

200 mA @24V 18 db return loss in/out (ca2100/2200) They seem to be dual channel and self-contained, i.e in, out, gnd, Vcc. Specs center around IMD over n TV channels.

To late @local time to continue. I have similar stuff made by NEC.

regards, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

1981 TRW CA28xx parts are all RF linears with no reference to CATV.

Philips did BGY61,BGY65, BGY67 etc in the package, ID'd as SOT115. Motorola did both CA and MHW parts in the package - case style 714. Their numbers started at 400 and went up to five digits, for UHF and VHF hybrids. Only numbers above 1000 reference CATV apps.

The reference to amplifier 'pairs' may be confusing, as the typical pin configuration for all is input, gnd, gnd, V+, gnd, gnd, output. Input and output may be transformer-coupled, with input-side ground terminals potentially floating, internally.

RL

Reply to
legg

CA2201 is 24V 300MHz Pin 1 RF in pin 7 RF out Pins 2,3,5,6 ground. Pin 4 depends on the part number. On some it's +VCC and on others it's -VCC. Looks like internally matched for 75 ohm in tv band.

Source: 1988 TRW book. No info on 2206

Reply to
mike

catv linear amp, Moto made them too. many different bandwidths Nice LPFM transmitter parts

volt was 24? middle pins are ground end pins are in and out on opposite ends, 1 was input I think ?, .

Reply to
holyhigh