anybody ever seen clear, adhesive lined heatshrink tubing?

Hey there - I'm trying to find clear adhesive lined heatshrink tubing. Anybody ever seen anything like this? All the adhesive lined stuff I've seen is black. The adhesive I've seen looked pretty clear, so I can't see why they wouldn't have clear adhesive lined heatshrink - but I can't find it.

Thanks!

-Michael

Reply to
Michael

Usually the PTFE stuff is translucent.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I've heard of heatshrink with an internal meltable sealant. I think it's used for telco applications.

Take a look at the second product down..

Jim Stewart

Have a look in the "Raychem" catalogue.

HTH

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Yes, Raychem has it, and I have used it. IIRC, it's available in a couple of different chemistries.

Another novelty, at a recent trade show I was given some samples of a conductive plastic adhesive lined heatshrink designed for covering EMC backshells and the like, pretty cute.

HTH

Barry

Reply to
Barry Lennox

I miss those trade shows. MAde heaps of fun stuff from the goddies you get. I wonder if they still hold them in australia?

Reply to
The Real Andy

Michael snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

I remember from about 20+ years ago i used coax terminations that were semi-clear heat shrink with adhesive bands and a solder band. If you cut things to dimensions and pre-tinned the shield braid, they worked great. Made thousands of terminations for test fixturing.

Reply to
JosephKK

Once, I even saw a guy repair one of those on-site, in an airplane, (well, actually, he was standing under the plane) by sticking the point of his soldering iron through the heatshrink and re-melting the solder.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise