Evaluating if a salary is fair for a EE position

Another leftist-loser heard from. When was the last time you refused a raise? What the CEO makes is none of the employees business, unless they are also a stock holder.

--
Keith
Reply to

ting

acy of

of

ode

n a

rning

^^^^^ More? Above average?

You have to look at where the "average" classmate works.

Above or below? ;-) You quickly find out that where you placed in=20 school has little to do with where you go later. The grades may be=20 needed to get through HR's door for the first job but after that=20 they're meaningless.

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

If money is the primary factor, I agree. There are a lot of companies looking for engineers these days.

--
Keith
Reply to

If you can live off you investments, I think it's pretty safe to say that you can relax. ;-)

I don't find that to be the case right now. I tell them I left because the project was canceled and I din't like anything else that was going on (didn't want to tell them that I retired ;). No one bats an eyelash.

If you can move about (no family), it's easy to snag a job these days. The OP says he can afford to be without a job for a while so perhaps contracting is the way to go, though perhaps not enough experience yet.

--
Keith
Reply to

I misunderstood incorrectly. Sorry. The worst, or the lowest=20 paid?

Go for it. I think I'd have a talk with my supervisor *before* the=20 raises come out so he knows your expectations. No threats, just an=20 honest appraisal of your contributions and expectations (in that=20 order). If the CFO doesn't like your contribution, he can do your=20 work. ;-)

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

I is tacky. You'd be wasting a lot of people's time and money=20 lying to them. This stuff is serious business. =20

Showing what someone else makes only shows what you're worth. As=20 long as you approach it from that angle (what you're worth to the=20 company) what's the worst they can do to you? Fire you? For being=20 honest? If they do, you haven't lost much.=20

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

...which is why my very next paragraph starts with "There are employers who show more comittment to the worker, and they deserve loyalty in return..." I have worked for several such employers -- and quite a few of the other kind.

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

I hacve heard enough stories about someone taking the offer to stay and ending up being punished for "disloyalty" later to be quite reluctant to accept such offers. As someone else mentioned, better to take the new job and re-apply at the first employer later.

--
Guy Macon
Reply to

Yeah, though I never went back either.

Companies squander all sorts of money on non-productive people (marketing and VPs). There is plenty of money in the bucket. Get your share.

Reply to
miso