Electrial Engineering Salary

This afternoon I was checking out salary.com trying determine what I should be making. When I searched for "Electrical Engineer" the pay scales are broken down into how many years of experience a person has.

"...2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area..."

"...4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area..."

"...6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area..."

I have been gaining software and hardware experience since about age 16 and I started my own tech based business when I was 17. Programming and working with hardware have developed my skills over the years. This seems to be close to 12 years of experience in the field or in a related area to what I am doing now. ( Software/Hardware )

What I am not clear on is what is appropriate to include for experience when negotiating salary? I didn't get my degree in engineering until

2003 resulting in more serious jobs and more technical growth. After college with a degree I have about 3.5 years experience working. Should I include the more serious jobs after college or all my work experience?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

-DM

Reply to
dutchman1234

Show and tell it ALL. But absolutely no BS-ing in the interview - truth is the only thing that works - if you don't know, say so.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I bet my knob is bigger than yours.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Sorry, but that sort of stuff really wierds people out and is probably not good for customer relations.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

But are you tweaking it, twiddling it, or frobbing it?

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Thought control seems to work but doesn't finish the job without a good beating.

Do you offer a range of products?

DNA

Reply to
Genome

See

DJ Delorie

Yes,of course. work experience should be added.

" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com =D0=B4=B5=C0=A3=BA "

Reply to
ehoosee.tianya.cn