Eternal-september problems (2023 Update)

Re Thunderbird I found reverting to version 91 solved my issues. (91.13.1 to be exact). YMMV. I think there are old releases on TB website, but I looked & could find them.

The other complication I have is I must run Portable version (from portableapps.com) b/c its on a company PC. The file structure is complicated. cheers, RS

Reply to
Rich S
[snip]

ah here it is

Rich S

Rich S

I'm on the latest 104.2.4 and haven't seen any major glitches with it.

I did previously see timeout problems reprompting for account name and password with earlier versions. What problem did you encounter?

Reply to
Martin Brown

Hi Martin, well my situation is I use TB setup to IMAP access to my official work email account (g-mail) (as I sorta hate the g-mail UI, although g-sheets and g-docs are OK) And also have security & VPN software on my work PC.

At first, security SW was blocking "send" email, b/c TB didnt have "trusted certificate" installed for our VPN app (Zscaler). Once I did that, it worked for a while. Occasionally, then permanently, TB v102 couldnt send emails. Reverting back to 91, I can send (though sometimes have to click twice for it to actually "go"). Needs further research but its time I lack... =RS

Reply to
Rich S

The gmail UI is terrible on my phone. It will string emails together as a conversation, but put them in oldest first order. So the way emails are often quoted conversations to begin with, means I have to wade through a ton of old stuff to find the recent email.

I never reply using the phone. I want all my correspondence in my email client on my PC. No one has ever set up a way to share sent emails with online accounts and PC clients.

That's true for us all.

Reply to
Ricky

I have seen a similar fault where there is a secure mail server and a not entirely valid domain is piggy backed onto it but without the appropriate trusted certificate. You can tell TB to remember it as a valid exception but every now and then if the server is slow to reply it forgets and gives warnings refuses to connect requires account & pw.

If anything I'd say the latest version is more stable in that respect.

Reply to
Martin Brown

eternal-september.org changes their DNS every year for the last 14 years Search how to flush your DNS cache for email.

today it is http://81.169.215.164/ Tony EE since 1975

Reply to
Tony Stewart