Equivalent circuit of coupled inductances

The equivalent "T" circuit of two coupled inductances is well known. But what is the equivalent circuit of more than 2 inductances ? Where can I find more information ?

Claude

Reply to
r31dmaeu

There isn't a general "equivalent circuit" that's any simpler than the straightforward mesh with self inductances and mutual coupling coefficients between each winding and all other windings.

I found it easiest to just set up the mesh equations in MathCAD and then solve for whatever dependent variables were of interest. The specific matter of multiple coupled inductances may be treated in a text somewhere, but I never found one.

Reply to
Don Foreman

The equivalent circuit of several mutually coupled inductances is just another simple T network.

Progressively reduce Pi to T, T to Pi, Pi to T, etc.

Reply to
Reg Edwards

I read in sci.electronics.design that Reg Edwards wrote (in ) about 'Equivalent circuit of coupled inductances', on Thu, 3 Nov 2005:

When hungry, raise Pi to the T'th.

John Woodgate

Only if you're a pi eta. And often alpha pi and a kappa T is enough.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Phi! Can anyone get their ducks in a rho and come up with a nu and beta pun, even a real kappa? Will we run the whole gamma of Greek alphabet whimsies?

Psi! Iota be able to do better than that!

John Woodgate

Pie are round. Cake are square!

%-} Rich

Reply to