Equivalent circuit of an Arduino ATM328 digital input pin?

My first Arduino project (using an ATMega 328) is triggered by a roughly 5V to 0V edge and works fine overall. (It sends a series of servo arm movements.) But I'm still playing with various simple front end circuits to deliver that edge.

I'd like to simulatie these. What would be the simplest way to represent a digital input pin of the 328 please? And with the built in PULL-UP option?

Terry

Reply to
terrypingm

For SPICE purposes, a CMOS input is an open circuit with a couple of pF capacitance to ground. The pullup is specified as a resistance of 20k to 50k (see Section 28 of the datasheet, so use that.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

use the circuit in the data sheet.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

Thanks Phil, but although I didn't study all of the other pages (294 in total), nowhere did I see the all important clamping diodes?

After further research I settled on this equivalent for my simple (hobbyist) purposes:

At the low frequencies in my stuff, I've ignored the couple of pF. I expect my breadboards introduce more than that.

Terry

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

figure 13.1