Ac equivalent circuit?

Hello All,

I am beginner in electronics I wish to know why do we need to do DC analysis and ac analysis of a circuit? As a rule , what component or node we must short to gnd for ac equivalent circuit? Then for DC analysis, what are the rule of thumb? Please let me know in step by step. Or any online document you can share

Also if input is voltage source or current source which I do not know if it is ac or dc type, what should I do with them when I draw an ac or dc equivalent circuit?

Kindly help thanks

Jason

Reply to
jason

Thanks Mark I will try it

:)

Reply to
jason

Hi Mark

May I know which part of the book will be able to answer my enquiries? I am not too sure which one I should check it out. Kindly advise

rgds and thanks jason

Reply to
jason

Hi Jason, try this:

Mark Jones

Jason, as a beginner, I suggest you start at the beginning and work forward.

As you have yet to understand why we do DC (sometimes called large signal) analysis and AC (small signal) analysis, I suggest you read the first two sections to start (DC and AC). There's no issue with you being a beginner (we all were at one point :) Just keep in mind that one can work in this stuff for years (>35 years personally) and still learn new and interesting things about circuit analysis.

Slightly OT, but sci.electronics.basics will tend to get you more answers :)

Cheers

PeteS

jas> Hi Mark

enquiries?