Modern Equivalent of LM386?

Consumer-grade jellybean portable audio "power" amp, mono, cheap, 3.3 volt operation, drives headphones and small speakers, non-purist distortion, surface mount, distributor-sourced. Powerdown mode and single ended output would be nice.

Is there a modern ubiquitous chip? If so, what?

TIA.

-- Silvar Beitel

Reply to
Silvar Beitel

MC34119DTB(R2) is a rather good one, it's not pin compatible but it has a bridged output for more power at 2V supply and it comes in through hole or smt.

Reply to
Jamie

"Jamie" = Maynard A. Philbrook Radio ham puke and f****it code scribbler.

** Digikey and Farnell say it is no longer available.

The makers " Freescale Semiconductor" say it is no longer made and same goes for the replacement ICs.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

NJM2113 available from Mouser for 52 cents in single quantity.

Cheers, John

Reply to
John KD5YI

"John KD5YI"

** Looks like a pin for pin equivalent to the MC34119

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Jelous?

Sorry, didn't realize they were not available. Guess the ones I have are like gold now! :)

Oh go ahead Phil, I know you can't resist bashing this Ham Radio Puke, Code Scribbler, as you say.

Reply to
Jamie

Silvar Beitel schrieb:

UTC TDA 2822?