encode MP3 file into SBC

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to encode a MP3 file into SBC. I want to stream a MP3 file between a PocketPc and a PC over Bluetooth using A2DP profiles.

Any advices is welcome Thanks

Régis

Reply to
regis

Moin,

Am 2 Mar 2005 05:09:30 -0800 schrieb regis:

Well, you might have to decode the mp3 to raw pcm first, but then it's no problem. You can get an open source SBC codec from

and then do the mp3->pcm->sbc transcoding via mpg123 --au - file.mp3 | sbc/sbcenc - > file.sbc

--
Henryk Plötz
Grüße aus Berlin

thanks a lot But I have also found a SBC encoder/decoder (executable) on

which is included in A2DP test spec. It's only an executable but he can do the same thing as the open source decoder SBC??

Reply to
regis

Moin,

Am 17 Mar 2005 09:20:15 -0800 schrieb regis:

Well, yes (maybe it can do even more). If I recall correctly, it can however only work on files: put an audio file in, get a sbc file out. The open source programs (in the true spirit of unix) operate on stdin/stdout and therefore on streams.