Device for acting as a file RECEIVER

Any suggestions for a device which can RECEIVE files from mobile phones using bluetooth and/or wifi (at the same time, from multiple phones) without needing too much configuring? Will it need bluetooth and wifi modules separately or will it come with these in built?

I know that we can plug in an USB stick in few devices and turn it into a file server but I need a device to act as more of a RECEIVER rather than server. Any suggestion or even a small discussion of what anyone knows related to this is most welcome. :-)

abhaystoic

I'm not sure what you are asking for. Do you want a single board computer? Are you looking for a computer in a box? I've seen devices that are full computers like a raspberry pi but in a USB dongle. Does the Bluetooth or WiFi need to be built in or is using a USB dongle OK?

I have no idea what you mean by a file RECEIVER rather than a file server. Do you mean the transfers only go one way? I'm not sure that is relevant to the construction. Does the file RECEIVER have to poll all the devices?

--

Rick
Reply to

You can install an FTP sever app in an android device and access it via WiFi from other computer. Easy to use, both manually and programmatically.

R.W.

Reply to
Roberto Waltman