Electronics Group

It doesn't take much understanding to appreciate that MC1495 and MC1496 aren't easy to use when compared with Barrie Gilbert's designs for the same market, as sold by Analog Devices.

Even you could manage it, if you ever tried to design a complicated circuit.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I have no trouble designing simple or complex circuits, as you should
very well know from some of the stuff I\'ve posted here.

Well, I suppose there _are_ limits to your comprehension...

BTW, since Jim didn\'t design the 1495 and Barry Gilbert\'s work preceded
Joe Solomon\'s, I guess that "left room for others to do better" was just
a gratuitous slap, yes?

JF
Reply to
John Fields

of

is

I've seen some simple circuits from you here; complex circuits tend to be a little larger than one can conveniently post here - or at least anything I'd call a complex circuit. You may find some of the circuits you post here complex - others seem to set that bar a little higher.

Some day you may realise that there are severe limits to your own, but I'm not holding my breath.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ANY size circuit diagram can be posted in the schematics group.

Reply to
Son of a Sea Cook

John Devereux wrote: JD > To me it's the same principle as the view that JD > a false rape report is a worse act than the JD > actual reported crime, because a single JD > instance throws into doubt all the genuine ones...

Or vice versa, that the single REAL one makes it impossible to throw out all of the bogus ones?

PLUS, as you stated your complaint, the implied PRIORITY is to preserve the social agenda and state-ism rather than to preserve the rights of the falsely accused individual.

It's a bit like saying you'd rather that ten innocent men be wrongly convicted than see one guilty man get away.

It's funny that I AGREE with you that a false accusation of rape is worse than an actual act of rape, but for such extremely different reasons.

I would be relieved to hear that I got you all wrong on that or that you just worded it poorly.

As for the Homeland Security list of people to watch, the government has already diluted it to absurdity. Returning Iraq war vets are on the list. The list of target groups is so long as to genuinely raise the question of who is NOT on the list.

Reply to
Greegor

--
Well, Bill, since you do seem to have a penchant for conveniently
"misunderstanding" posts, I suppose I should have been more explicit in

More particularly, to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic, where I don\'t
recall your ever having posted anything which would allow you to be able
to say, with any authority, what\'s complicated and what isn\'t.

I do recall, however, on some of these groups, where you\'ve gone to
great lengths to complicate matters in order to try to hide (or at least
ameliorate) errors you\'ve made.

Links?

No, I don\'t bother with specifically keeping track of your stuff.
Reply to
John Fields

[snip]

Some months ago I posted a B-size sheet of an unusual BandGap-controlled VGA, asking for anyone to try analyzing it.

I'll post it again if Slowman thinks he's up to the task. But his head is so far up his ass I doubt if he'd even admit to _trying_ to analyze it.

I'm always pleased to note that I'm the highest standard for Slowman's disdain, but please don't feed the jerk. Let him die that most unpleasant of deaths... alone ;-)

...Jim Thompson

This is also true.

No, I agree the priority should be the other way around.

I worded it poorly,

I was wishing for a "perfect world" scenario where there were no false reports, where the word of a victim could be relied on 100%. There would be no miscarriages of justice, most offences would be reported and convicted. The actual incidence of offences would likely go down enormously.

Now let there be a report proven false. None of the above applies, offenders are rarely convicted and actual offense rate goes up. The single false report has resulted in many more actual offenses; it is indeed a worse thing than the reported offense itself.

I guess you can argue it either way. Maybe that means the acts are equivalently bad... Either one enables injustices, *over and above* that of the individual crime.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

:

Jim Thompson is so out of touch with the reality that he still posts stuff to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic, despite the fact that hardly anybody can get at it any more.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

te:

nds of

ut is

It's not accessible via any of the ISPs I use. If I want to post anything mildly complicated, I stick it on my website.

That was the case you tried to make. You do seem to have repressed your earlier enthusiasm for the 555 since then. Have you finally graduated to a slightly more complicated device?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

of

--
Oh, well...
Reply to

Succinct and flawlessly delivered. That's boilerplate resumé material.

- Give me a button to push, and I'll push it...

Reply to
BillyPilgrim

te:

Really?

Long since. Who hasn't?

For my Ph.D work I wrote 900 lines of code for a PDP-8 - it collected the experimental data for my thesis.

Since then I've done very little work on microcontrollers - a bit of algorithm development and a bit of code tweaking. My employers have preferred to use cheaper employees to write microcontroller code. I've made more use of programmable logic devices, where you can do real bit twiddling.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ????????????????

--
More bullshit and more whining.

Anybody who wants to can spend a few bucks to get _all_ of the binary
newsgroups and, as I understand it, there are some free sites out there
where binaries are archived.

If you\'re interested in what Jim has to say, as you seem to be, then get
off of your lazy ass and find an archival site or, give up your
animosity, start a dialogue, and email him for the schematic.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

I almost always post a link to my website anymore, rather than ABSE, _unless_ the problem was posted to ABSE in the first place.

Note that Slowman _never_ answers _any_ question directed to him. Seen his visa scan yet? No! You never will.

The ultimate fairy ;-)

I'm always pleased to note that I'm the highest standard for Slowman's disdain, but please don't feed the jerk. Let him die that most unpleasant of deaths... alone ;-)

...Jim Thompson

rote:

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--
"Betraying" you???

ROTFLMAO!!!!

JF
Reply to
John Fields

ts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

????????????????

But you don't learn much, and much of what you do learn seems to be wrong.

"I Know You Are But What Am I" does seem to need a question mark. And since I do know what I'm talking about, all my manipulation is directed at getting the information into a form that has some chance of being understood bythe intended recipient.I can't say that your reactions suggest that I've been I've succeeded in dumbing down my output to your level, but since such a dumbing down would insult almost all of the rest of the user-group, this is a failure that I have to live with.

nd

Actually, because it is false but perfectly in line with what you like to believe.

The Spiro Agnew "silent majority" arguement. Worth all the public support you can muster for it.

Or report to a psychatrist to have his delusions investigated.

They never supported any of them with any shred of evidence, which does make it difficult to take them seriously. You don't seem to be aware that baseless accusations say more about the accuser than the accused, but it may be one of those unfamiliar ideas that you might improve yourself by investigating and mastering.

Probably. You get work by claiming to be competent.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--
I\'ve learned enough to be able to see through your subterfuges, and what
I\'ve learned and have presented here seems to be wrong, to you, because

A coarse case in point is that abomination you presented for a 555
substitute some time ago, which was more expensive, more complicated,
and occupied a bigger footprint than a 555.

Do you remember?
Reply to
John Fields