Electronic model of membrane pump

Charge pump maybe?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

The valves are diodes.

What happens to the state of charge on a capacitor when a constant current is forced through it?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I am looking for an electronic model of a membrane pump:

One side of the membrane is controlled with a constant pressure gas, which is being switched on, and vented periodically. On the other side of the membrane a fluid is being pumped (using 2 valves to give the fluid direction.

So far most things can be modelled in "electrical" form (P = V, I = Flow etc) bet the membrane itself eludes me so far.

I firs naively thought a capacitor (diode pump config) would do, but appearently this is not so.

For one, the membrane pump will always pump the same exact amount of fluid each cycle, no matter what pressure is applied primarely, while a capacitor can "pump" any amount of electrons, based on the voltage applied primarely.

The pumping is controlled by the fact that secondarely the pressure of the fluid remains constant, until the membrane hits the stop, after which the pressure drops away, and the primary side of the membrane is vented for a new cycle.

I feel stupid - but I cannot replicate this principle in an electronic circuit......

Any pointers appreciated - TIA!

--
 - René
Reply to

I tried to model the whole thing as a charge pump - but this model is clearly flawed.

Appearently, a constant current source is somehow involved, whereas the membrane pump is subjected to a constant gas pressure (= Voltage)

It does not really add up..