Open source (pref) assymetric crypto C library for ARM Cortex M3 ?

Hi,

Question as title : I have an existing product that has an ARM Cortex M3 C PU and which I need to retrofit with assymetric crypto to send small amount s of encrypted data. The CPU I am landed with doen't have a crypto module available and cannot be changed so I need a C library that can do assymetri c crypto (key exchange etc) and still run, even if slowly) in a restricted memory space on a small ARM CPU.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
mikedavies621

Comes as source code, but not open source.

--
(Remove the obvious prefix to reply privately.)
Gemaakt met Opera's e-mailprogramma: http://www.opera.com/mail/

CPU and which I need to retrofit with assymetric crypto to send small amounts of encrypted data. The CPU I am landed with doen't have a crypto module available and cannot be changed so I need a C library that can do assymetric crypto (key exchange etc) and still run, even if slowly) in a restricted memory space on a small ARM CPU.

axTLS library

or maybe its inclusion in ethernut sourceforge /p/ethernut/code/trunk/nut/crypto and

BSD/GNU Licensed

Bye

Uwe Bonnes

"Small" is a relative term. Likewise, how secure do you need the crypto functions?

Tried sci.crypt for guidance as to algorithms appropriate for your data and environment? And Schneier's text is an excellent place from which to extract ideas/algorithms.

Have you looked at things like sshd(8) to see what you might be able to lift from the sources?

(And, you may wish to consider the consequences when/if exploits are "made known" for any approach you take -- will you be able to live with them? And/or *patch* ex post factum??)

Reply to
Don Y