eBay Currencies

On the search bar - ' advanced search'

select prefered locations 'from US only'

RL

Reply to
legg

The credit card I use is the Lockheed credit union card. They changed their name a long time back to " Star One Credit Union. " Anyway I looked at their web page and found..................

The only credit card you'll ever need. You're eligible with your excellent credit and minimum $5,000 credit limit.

No annual fee, no balance-transfer fees, and no foreign-transaction fees.

Earn 1.25 Rewards Points on every dollar spent.

Which might explain why I do not get charged fees.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I get what you are saying, but you have not indicated convincingly the purchases were in US dollars, only that your credit card did not indicate any fees.

The fact that eBay shows a US Dollar amount along side the listing price in a foreign currency does not mean the transaction happened in US Dollars. I never said eBay charges users a fee, only sellers.

The credit card I have used charges a fee for currency conversion on top of the exchange rate.

As I keep say, that is all moot. The real issue is whether or not eBay can filter the searches so I don't see anything not listed in US Dollars.

--

Rick C
Reply to

They may bave been made in Bitcoins. But as far as it affects me, I got a price in us dollars and paid that price in us dollars on my credit card. In other words to me it worked exactly as if it were in dollars.

As I understand it, you want to not look at items that are listed in Canadian dollars even though they are cheaper than items listed in US dollars. I just do not understand why.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Both of your statements are correct.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Click on the first item (or any of the next hundred or so) and you will find the item is sold in Canadian dollars. Read on eBay's policy and you will find that if an item is listed in a currency, that is the currency of the transaction. What your credit card company may do with the conversion depends on them.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Someone else suggested that, but it does not let me see the literally thousands of foreign sellers who are dealing goods in US Dollars.

--

Rick C
Reply to