Thunderbird No Longer Lets Me Ignore Threads

What happened? I'm also getting dialog boxes asking me if I want to compact folders by deleting old posts. Happens on a lot of groups.

--

Rick
Reply to

Don't let such software auto-update. Bad things can happen if you do.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I don't think you understand. The option is in the menu, but it is grayed out. I think the two issues could be related. There is something with my folders that is crying out for Tbird to compact them. But when I do that all the posts no longer on the server are deleted. I don't want that.

--

Rick
Reply to

All I can say is that version 24.5.0 does not do any of that. I found some newer ones to have issues (but different from yours).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I haven't done an update in a couple of weeks. Who said anything about an update? It is possible this has nothing to do with the version...

--

Rick
Reply to

Probably shouldn't have done one a couple of weeks ago :-)

Just saying, it could come with an update. As I said, 24.5.0 does not do what you described.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Not very relevant and likely not accurate. Programs have tons of data they interact with. If your version has the same data and environment it may well produce the same anomaly.

--

Rick
Reply to

Try alt M K T capital letters. It used to accept lower case.

That may work for you - works for me.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Computer crashed, rebooted, ignore working now. It's still asking me to delete old posts though.

--

Rick
Reply to