Earth broke

My Google Earth is dead, some nonsense about inability at access authentication servers.

Has Google broken yet another of their own products? They like to do that.

 Click to see the full signature

They set their sights on Microsoft, and they seem to be getting there.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Google requires IE to run their Earth access disgnostics! They don't even support Chrome!

Really, Google is accelerating their suckage.

 Click to see the full signature

It works very well here, John. I do not have any problems with it. I used it just this morning to measure my walking path that my dogs and I take in the morning. I also just checked it and it seems to work fine at this time.

John S

Reply to
John S

I think many Google projects are spasms done by employees. But I've seen some great stuff come out of there. Take Google patents. The USPTO spent 10 billion on computerizing their patents, and it sucks. The graphic format to even display the patents requires a special computer setup. By contrast, the Google patents works great - pdf's of patents. Even the USPTO advisers tell you to use that now. If you spend time at Google, I advise steel pants - the women...

Reply to
haiticare2011

Our streets are clogged with Google Busses, and their employees are bidding up the real estate around here. We have a google family across the street, a brit and his wife and kids. They are quite nice and he seems embarassed to admit that he works for google.

I use ixquick to search, to avoid the obnoxious google tracking.

I used to have a bunch of cool pics posted to Earth, through Panaramio, San Francisco and places in the Sierras. Google acquired Panaramio, required me to re-register, and lost all my pics in the process.

I think we'll cut down on our paid google ads. They have turned evil.

 Click to see the full signature

Working fine here. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Larkin: I use ixquick to search, to avoid the obnoxious google tracking.

========

Me too. They use Google after erasing your identity, good revenge. :)

Reply to
haiticare2011

Now it's telling me to install a new graphics card, because mine isn't worthy of Earth any more.

It works on my Win7 laptop, so I can see the stuff I wanted to see, specifically the altitude above sea level of some streets in the Mission district.

 Click to see the full signature

Works here. Perhaps you have a name server problem?

Reply to
krw

Sketchup was so good they sold if off so it didn't get ruined. ;-)

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Sat, 10 May 2014 09:49:05 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

It broke here in Linux month ago (some html error), I googled for what it could be, and upgraded to the latest version that did not work either. I now use maps.google.com and Bing. Won't bother again with trying an other version. It is just as daft as their android developer shit.

The good news is:

I hold copyright to over a hundred programs. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I use the google name server! Probably I shouldn't; they probably track that, too.

 Click to see the full signature

John, I have the same problem. Does not work on my desktop, ok on the laptop.

Been that way for months now.

Google is evil.

Reply to
Tom Miller

But Sketchup was a byproduct of a company they purchased rather than a sponsored development.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Mike Perkins

en

It is, Google employees used to have the right to spend 20% of their time on they own "pet" projects, many of Google success came from that.

Though afaiu getting the 20% time isn't so simple anymore

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

That is really odd. I'm using cheesy built in graphics on my linux server mobo and google earth is working fine.

Only two things I like about google. Earth is one. I am addicted. The other is the ability to do advanced searches, i.e. searches with restrictions on date, file type, etc.

Reply to
miso

Other companies have the same "policies" but...

...it never works out that way. As long as your 80% is 100 hours per week, have at it. ;-)

Reply to
krw

THAT is weird...they seem to pimp Chrome all over heck and creation.

Reply to
Robert Baer