Doof doof Zapper

:)))))))

All of the car electronics is rigorously tested for severe EMI. The tests are performed at the module level and at the vehicle level. IIRC the EMI up to 400 V/m @ 3 GHz should not influence the normal operation of the critical systems, and should not inflict any damage to non-critical systems. So, it is probably easier to cook the brains of the driver (if he has any) then to destroy any of the electronics by EMP.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

...just stand back at least ten feet.....

Reply to
Robert Baer

Oxymoron

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

400V/m - an EMP pulse would be significantly higher.

Not that I would recommend this sort of thing, but I discovered many years ago that if you have two nearby UHF 450 MHz mobile radios (50 to

100 watts) transmitting on the same channel, some of the RF will indeed get inside of the sound system, and normally if only one carrier is on, only a small thump in the audio. But with two carriers and slight frequency offset (such as FM CTCSS encoding), all kinds of loud noises will be emitted due to the mixing of the two carriers within the amplifier. While it may not destroy anything, there is a Pavlovian effect on the sound system operator if you cease transmitting when the volume is turned down, and resume transmitting at the point the audio level is turned up excessively. The sound system operator perceives a "malfunction", not a deliberate attack.

Please don't ask why I did this "research" but it was fruitful.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

Here is the video of the military EMI gadget. A baseball bat looks far cheaper:

Steve

Reply to
osr

Hmmm... that's interesting. Pretty easy to make an oscillator for that frequency band, and even easier to power it up.

And legal too as that's the end of the 70cm band for amateur radio.