AccessHD DTV decoder report

I got an AccessHD DTA1080D DTV decoder yesterday,hooked it up and watched a few hours of TV.

After the initial scan,it received more channels than my other decoder,Magnavox TB100MW9 (with same antenna,same location),but even with a "good" signal indication,there was pixelling and a scratchy audio.

After awhile,those symptoms went away,BUT,when I switched channels,ones I originally had were now "no signal found",and all the signal levels were very low,nearly unusable.It had lost much sensitivity. The box itself was fairly hot,even the F-connectors were hot,uncomfortable to touch. I'm going to try to return it for another.

The remote control was much better than the Magnavox remote. It came with a wallwart style switching regulator PS. I would prefer the Access decoder IF it worked right.

Switching back to the MW9 decoder,the channels were all fine,and that box doesn't very warm at all.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

You can't get basic cable TV in your area?

...Jim Thompson

The guy is helping out folks that are out there looking at what the best decoder in the channel is, dumbass.

Do you always only apply two neurons to anything you read here, or is that all you have available that haven't turned into "leftist weenie hating" retarded bent brained neurons?

Reply to
UpGrade

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Why should I pay for TV? cable is a rip-off.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Sounds like your "free" over-the-air is poor quality.

IIRC _basic_ is pretty cheap, and high quality. (I personally get the whole enchilada so I can watch movies and The Tudors ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Oh yeah... there is that reason as well!

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

[snip]

And think green... takes less power to distribute cable, than over-the-air ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Hillary has declared the pirates as "criminals".

Obama hasn\'t said shit about an Amercian ship being attacked.

What a wimp!  But I predicted that.

Idiot. If the channel is there, it is ALL there. at just as good a signal stream as cable feeds (has to be it, is the same data). Cable boxes ain't all that great quality either, dope.

Basic starts at around $35 here, so most states likely have it well over $20 a month. Do you ever get anything right? Oh yeah... what is good about basic service? The set top decoder is half the time pretty poor quality, but I wouldn't expect you to use HDMI or an optical feed to your stereo from the cable box, like I do. Still, the cable twits don't do cable boxes all that well either, dumbass.

At reduced resolution, whether you choose to believe it or not.

I'll take disc based HD any day over the CRAP that satellite and cable issues. Mainly because I CAN see and hear the difference, old man.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

NOT!

You have to add all head end power needs, line extenders, main amps, set-top boxes. Cable costs more watts per 'user' than a single transmitter does.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Have you tried the Zenith works well for us.

Martin Riddle

Free over the air is all digital soon, and they are not compressed to narrow the bandwidth, nor given to you in a converted to analog mode. What I need is an Atsc tuner for my 1080 HD computer monitor it only has an analog tuner built in.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

It has a DVI input, all that needs is a different cable.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

Basic cable, at least in my neighborhood, is analog NTSC. The ATSC broadcasts are much higher quality. Higher in many cases than the digital cable's HD programs.

Relax, its only ones and zeros!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Like this?

It'll work as long as your monitor has an HDMI input.

Error reading FAT record: Try the SKINNY one? (Y/N)
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

In Phoenix, Cox Communications distributes both NTSC and digital for those local stations already functioning in digital mode... just different channel numbers, 5 -> 705, 8 -> 708, etc.

A quick peek: ALL local Phoenix stations are running digital.

...Jim Thompson

Hillary has declared the pirates as "criminals".

Obama hasn\'t said shit about an Amercian ship being attacked.

What a wimp!  But I predicted that.

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I get good quality with my other DTV decoder,same antenna/location.

"basic" cable is IIRC,$40 a month.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hovnanian.com:

plus I now get all those subchannels. I also get Daytona PBS (WDSC)that I couldn't get with analog OTA-NTSC.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

"Martin Riddle" wrote in news:%1bEl.351$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc02.gnilink.net:

I've already used both my coupons. Magnavox TB100MW9,and now the Access HD

1080.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

It already is.

That is not what you need. You needed a brain back when you made the choice to purchase that POS. HDMI to DVI adapters are out there. Hook it up the same way you do from the PC.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Sell or trade them at the swap meet to someone for a coupon.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever