Doof doof zapper

Any one have ideas on how to make a Doof Doof zapper. preferably directional, that would interfere with the Doof Doof sounds from the car next to you at the traffic lights (high pierced whistle would be good). One of the problems would be that it may not be radio (which would make it easier) it may be dvd.

Reply to
F Murtz

The best answer I have been thinking of lately would be to mount a train horn onto a 'Lazy Susan' on the roof of the car. and be able to lock it into any position.

Point at unruly planetary cohabitant, and one blast should do it. If not, hit 'em again!

Reply to
Neanderthal

115 db at 100 feet (!)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

WOW! That's the ticket! Steep price though. Bet dogs start to run when they see you coming down the road though.

Reminds me of a two mile long truck that was in a Speed Racer episode... :-)

Reply to
Neanderthal

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

see at 0.37

Dennis

On a sunny day (Tue, 07 Dec 2010 16:49:40 +1100) it happened F Murtz wrote in :

Bazooka?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Been playing with that idea for decades. Best attempt was a weatherproofed speaker mounted under my pickup connected to a cassette deck loaded with bagpipe music; bigass amplifier in the signal path, of course. Those lovely skirls cut right through all that ugly bass.

"Best" means got applause from other drivers at a red light...

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

(...)

Size matters.

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

seen somewhere that they could overload the inputs to their amp and damge their speakers with RF ....never did a follow up though

Reply to
lurk

Any engineer will know that this is NOT POSSIBLE.

"seen somewhere" is just an urban legend.

If it were even remotely possible, there would be hundreds of hits on google with schematics and a thriving hacker community selling these things.

NOT POSSIBLE !!

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

On a sunny day (Tue, 07 Dec 2010 12:50:13 -0700) it happened hamilton wrote in :

That is a dangerous word. They have been known to stop cars with an EMP.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The OP was not asking about "stopping cars" or "EMP".

hamilton

On a sunny day (Tue, 07 Dec 2010 13:10:14 -0700) it happened hamilton wrote in :

And EMP that stops a car would also stop an amp. Do you have a cue what EMP stands for?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Very few hams run a kilowatt of power in their mobile rigs, but a KW a few feet away from most audio gear will likely block any other signal. It would be unusual for car audio gear to have serious RF filtering for all the ham bands on its inputs.

Probably the optimum use of high power would be sending high speed CW

- the guy would have his car in the shop complaiing of choppy audio or the audio cutting in and out really fast and it's unlikely that the audio shop can duplicate the interference problem.

There isn't a hacker community doing this - getting the ham license is too much work for those who just want a quick and easy "device" and it requires a good bit of knowledge to keep 1000 watts of RF from interfering with the electronics in your own vehicle.

John WB4HLZ Never used more than 50 watts in a mobile setup.

Reply to
news

A lot of these "boom-boom" setups introduce the audio via FM. So an FM sweep jammer might be enough. ...Jim Thompson

As a professional boom-boom designer, I can assure you that the boom-boom rarely works by radio. As the kilowatt range switched power supplies and class D output stages could influence the radio quite efficiently by themselves. This also gives an idea of what level of EMP would be required to disrupt the operation. The typical source is CD/MP3, sometimes Sirius/XM.

And here is a special 10KW gift for all boom-boom lovers:

Enjoy the music.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

I did land-based boom-boxes in the late '70's, early '80's. The setup at Booby McGee's on I17, around Northern Ave., in Phoenix, was my stuff. Synthetic sub-bass and all analog ;-) ...Jim Thompson

No... They don't.

Very few do.

Shame the world didn't sweep jam you.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Ahh! Memories of the corona balls around the kilowatt motorcycle antenna tips at one Dayton Hamvention....the owner towed a generator to power his rig.

Jon N5UDW

Jon