Digikey tracking

If I look at a part on Digikey, ads for that part appear all over the web.

I wonder how much they pay per clickthrough. I click on lots of them, figuring it transfers wealth to a better place.

Reply to
jlarkin

It probably makes Google and the likes richer. Not my idea of a better place, so I never click on those.

Reply to
Joerg

I assume they count my many clicks on the same part and realize what it's costing them, and give up on tracking me. Worth a try.

Reply to
jlarkin

LOL!!! The people doing the tracking are the ones making the money on your clicks! You are encouraging them!!!

What a maroon. I really do wonder sometimes if there is something wrong with this guy.

Reply to
Rick C

Never assume you can compete with a machine for endurance.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

If I look at a mosfet data sheet, why would they pay to show it to me

50 times more?

Digikey has become weird.

That puzzles me too. They're probably being deceived.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Unless Digikey directly tracks my clicks, Google won't get them as I block doubleclick and other URLs automatically,unless I let them through.

Most A.I. that sends me ads are pretty dumb because I see them usually after I have just bought the item they show me in the ad.

AI has a long way to go in this type of browsing I have a feeling.

boB

Reply to
boB

Reminds me that Google tracks you in Google maps, that how they can show roadblocks on the map and divert traffic (nice feature)

Anyway, a hacker wrote a program to emulate 1000 cars, and had that emulation travel very slowly in front of his route. Google saw this as a road block, and rerouted traffic allowing him to pass with no traffic ;-)

Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund