digikey components

hello guys,

I usually find the parts I am looking for on digikey web site. I have not order from there for a long time. But have they decrease selectivity of products. I was looking for low pass filter chip.ie MAX7480EPA, but it is non stock and minimum of 50.. and that is the only with 2k fc. also I was looking for dtmf dialer, and they are now obsolete. Is it just my luck or are they not keeping as many parts as before ?

lerameur

Maxim is pretty famous for rolling out ICs, running them for a few yeras, and then limiting their availability. But today is your lucky day on that one. The MAX7480EPA+ (the + stands for lead-free and RoHS qualified) is available and in stock from both DigiKey and Maxim directly. Try it.

If you're having problems with availability on a part, always check with the manufacturer's website for further information.

Obsolete means obsolete. The distributors don't have anything to do with this. But without a part number, a cross-reference isn't possible. Most DTMF dialers are obsolete.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

yes I know about the MAX7480EPA+, it is just that I do not want a minimum of 50...

k just 5 would be enough

Reply to
lerameur

will sell you any quantity you want @ $ 4.51 each.

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Newark has them in stock, no minimum quantity, 1-24 @$5.67.

I'm surprised that the search engine at

is not better known. It doesn't support a parametric search but once you know the part number you're looking for, it can be quite handy.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Hey, that's REALLY handy. Thanks for the link. It's earned a place on my browser toolbar.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

These days, it's not worth it, when practically anyone can whip up a DTMF tone genny with just about any uP or FPGA/CPLD chip and a few discretes. (of course, you'd need the development kit, but I guess they can be found for $20.00 ~ $50.00 .)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Several DTMF ICs are coming up with a google search for 'DTMF dialer ic'

If you get into a bind, let me know, I have several...I can part with one.

Reply to
Lord Garth