Design for LED Color Organ

Greetings to all -

I am designing a device that uses 7 modules of colored LED's that will be used for a specific purpose for a client. As part of that design, my client wants to be able to modulate these 7 modules with sound - voice, music, etc. (Either by microphone or low level input from a music source). I have found several schematics on the Internet labeled as "color organs" but most are only one or two channels - and virtually all use SCR's to modulate Line Voltage to control incandescent lamps. Does anyone have - or can anyone point me to where I can find at least a 4 channel schematic - that could be adapted to each channel controlling a cluster of 6 LED's? I would be very grateful for any information anyone here could supply. Very best regards....... Don H

Reply to
LightBoy

Thank you for your response. I will try to clarify. By "modulate" I mean the intensity of illumination of each 6 LED module would vary in sync with the volume level of the music - within each specified bandwidth of any channel's frequency. As is Low - Medium and High frequency bands. Is that more helpful? Thanks!

Reply to
LightBoy

Modulate is a very vague word in this context. More specific description of the desired relationship between sound and each light will lead to more useful answers.

Reply to
Rob Gaddi

Hi,

Look up Color Organ on my site listed below. It should be able to drive some LED's in place of the 110 volt solid-state relays. This unit has 6 channels and does everything in software. The outputs are proportional to the signal level from six software filters.

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."

Thank You for your reply! You have a GREAT looking site - and have done some really neat stuff!

It may be I will use something similar to your design - but I was hoping to find something without going to a PIC design. But what you have created certainly intrigues me. A PIC programmer I am not, but I have a good friend who is.

Thank you again for showing me a really neat design! Blessings! Don H

Reply to
LightBoy