Westinghouse SCR Data needed

We have a static inverter with a pair of what we are pretty sure are are Westinghouse thyristors/SCR's.

Part number is: P036QH02/FLO

Note that zeros could be 'O''s and vice-versa. Device is a stud mount, probably

1/4" X 26 UNF.

Date codes are 1978, so although I have had a reasonably long look on the internet, nothing relevant has popped up so far.

If anyone has any data available, we would be very grateful to hear of it.

Thanks,

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

are

probably

the

it.

Go to

and check their crossref. You probably won't find it because it sounds like a house numbered part. The only ones who know exactly what the SCR's specs are would be the company that ordered them for their products. Also check the NTE SCRs for the same size and series of power. My NTE paper catalog shows they have some in the TO-48 package which has a 1/4" thd and are rated in the 25 to 35 Amp range. There are two kinds, phase control apps and high speed switching apps.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Thanks for that, the diodes on the chassis are also Westinghouse but their numbers come up on the PartMiner sites etc., so I had hopes of finding something on the Net.

The inverter is an Avel-Lindberg MP4 unit, I wouldn't have thought that they were a big enough user to warrant Westinghouse, or anyone else for that matter, doing special numbers, but the point is taken.

Regards,

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

something

They may have bought a batch of house numbered parts as surplus. I used to see surplus shops with thousands of a singe house numbered part for 5 cents on the dollar, and you could buy the whole lot for 1 or 2 cents on the dollar. It wasn't unusual to find a part that met your specs by buying a handful of samples and testing them, then go back and buy the whole lot.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell