design for an electronically controlled locking mechanism for a door

i have one circuit is to design and make a full size electronically controlled locking mechanism for a door. i was wondering would anyone be able to help me out with a design for the circuit. power source to be used is 12v dc. its only a school based project and it does not have to be sofisticated so a basic design which works is all i require. id be very grateful if someone could help me out

Reply to
dan d man

[...]

Good. It appears that sophistication is beyond you. (Posting this 3 times is not the best way to impress people and get good help.)

On each of your duplicate posts, click **show options** then click **Remove**.

Before you do much more on Usenet, you should read about Usenet. Start here: http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:SXIajvWUVHAJ:groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12348+zzz+Usenet

. . BTW, remote door locks have been readily available at any electrical supply house for more than a generation.

Reply to
JeffM

sophistication is beyond you.

here:http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:SXIajvWUVHAJ:groups.google.com/sup...

Reply to
dan d man

Keyswitch drives a 12VDC coil 10 amp relay, relay drives the solenoid. Use a 1N4002 diode across the relay coil, and another diode across the solenoid of at least the current rating of the solenoid (most are at leat 1 amp -- use a 1N5402).

| | VCC VCC VCC VCC | + + + + | | | | | | 1N4002- C| 1N5402- C|SOL | ^ C|RY ^ C| | SW1 | C| | C| | _/ | | | | | .--o/ o-----o---' '---o | | CRY1 | | | ----- | | ----- | | | | | | | === === | GND GND (created by AACircuit v1.28.6 beta 04/19/05

Your lab question has to be a little more complicated than that -- how about at least taking the time to describe the problem in a little more detail?

Going to the well for homework problems is kind of frowned upon, but at least you're up front about it. Make an effort here, and you might get some help.

Cheers Chris

Reply to
Chris

That is why I saId READ THIS (which you completely IGNORED).

Here it is AGAIN with the part you need to read FIRST highlighted: http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:SXIajvWUVHAJ:groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py=answer=12348+Tempting-though-it-is-*-*-*-*-*-*+remove-*-*-*-irrelevant+STOP+zz-zz+Summarize.what.you're.following.up+BOTTOM+qq+Usenet

Reply to
JeffM

sry chris m8 cud ye giv us a link r sumtin 4 dat circuit r explain it 4 us plz u seem 2 no ur shit bou tech!!wb

Reply to
jconbrfc