DC to AC Convertors?

I have a question. I would like to know do they make dc to ac convertors that you could directly wire into a normal breaker box. I am thinking of creating some micro hydro dc for a cabin but would like to convert it directly to regular breaker box. If they do make such a beast, are they called something different? I have only been able to find the standard convertor that has the case with the plug-ins etc. Thanks for any help!

Reply to
deercreek

and many, many others.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

They're called inverters. Google it and the first page will show you lots of commercial models.

Reply to
slebetman