High Voltage AC to DC

Hi all,

I need high voltage DC of very small amp. So I used IC 555 to produce the fluctuating current and step up using a radio transformer to high AC voltage, to about 2Kv. How do I go about converting this high voltage AC to high voltage DC?

TQ Newbie

Reply to
ZhangLu

--+  +---[5KV DIODE]--+---->HVDC
  |  |                |
  P  S                |
  R  E            [3KV CAP]
  I  C                |
  |  |                |
--+  +----------------+---->HV COMMON
Reply to
John Fields

Bridge rectifier?

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

--
Yeah, sure, but then you\'ve got to buy at least four diodes, and
they\'ll all need to be fast, and at least 1kV PIV.  And then you\'ll

Note: "I need high voltage DC of very small amp"
Reply to
John Fields