3 phase AC to DC

I am running 3 phase AC into a set of transformers, Y config, and thence into bridge rectifiers . One leg of the output side of the transformers goes to the diodes. the other leg to the Y connection. That Y connection gets warm. (why?) Should it be connected to DC ground?

Reply to
malua mada!

===============

** Have you linked the " + "and " - " of each bridge ?

That is NOT how it is done.

Google it.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

The y connection should not get warm, is the connection there good?

it takes 6 diodes for a threee phase rectifier which is not normally called a "bridge", that term is usally reserved for diamond-shaped arrangements that have input on two opposing corners and output on the other two.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

The connection between this and that point is wrong.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Sorry I was not aware that the term "bridge" is reserved ... but I AM using 3 bridges. The two AC inputs on each device are joined thus doubling up / paralleling (?) each bridges' diodes. I could have done it with one and a half bridges (not doubling up on diode pairs) but why be stingy.

Reply to
malua mada!

That should work perfwectly so long as the DC terminals all match up.

The only reason I can think of for heat at the Y point is if the terminals are dirty or loose.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to