simplest DC to AC circuit

Hi,

I wanna convert the 12 volts DC in my car to AC 110 volts

60 Hz so I can use my appliance inside the car, what's the simplest circuit lying around in the net where I can build one? Pls. mention some sites and schematics as well as the IC. All I know is the 555 timer ic, but it doesn't up the voltage from 12 to 110 volts.

To make the circuit simpler, can I just use 30 Hz, I guess my appliance would still run at this frequency right? For electric fan, would it run slower at 30 Hz versus 60 Hz or the same? How about light bulb. Would it flicker at this lower frequency?

Thanks.

Lorr

Reply to
Lorraine

"Lorraine" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Lorr,

Sorry, but from your questions I can only conclude that you don't have the skills and knowledge to build such a thing from scratch. You can find several solutions on the net but you can't judge what's good and what's not. The cheapest and the least dangerous solution is to buy the thing.

As for your other questions:

- 30 Hz is not simpler

- Most appliances made for 60Hz will not run on 30Hz.

- A 60Hz fan motor will most likely be fried when used at 30Hz

- A incandescent lamp will flicker at 30Hz.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

You can buy a suitable inverter much cheaper than you can build one, particularly given the level of electronics knowledge your questions indicate.

To select an appropriate inverter, you will need to determine the power required by your appliance.

Most devices designed for 60 Hz will not operate correctly (or maybe at all) at 30 Hz, and an incandescent light bulb would probably have a noticeable flicker.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

I agree with the other suggestions. Also, you can probably find a small inverter from $25 to $40. You did not mention what the appliance was, but if you try to run something that requires a lot of power from the cigarette lighter you will probably blow a fuse. And you may lose something like 20% of the power through the inverter.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

This is what you need...

$27

or perhaps this much bigger unit for just a few $ more.

CWatters