crazy nonsense

torsdag den 7. maj 2020 kl. 17.57.37 UTC+2 skrev jla...@highlandsniptechnol ogy.com:

e-electric-car-it-drives

cientific or engineering merit have no credibility whatsoever.

l cell power for vehicles is the way of the future, not this garbage with r echargeables.

if my math is correct 70mph and 4 feet is ~39ms so it is "only" 6.5GW :)

Back in the day when Formula1 had unrestricted refuelling with big expensiv e cooled pressurised fuel rigs with what looked like a +4" hoses, they were rumoured to refuel at 20liters per second, that's ~180kWh per second so ~650MW

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

For years I've left the restroom by pushing the door closer arm away from the hinges, which opens the door enough to grab it by the outer surface.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I try to avoid public restrooms when I can in general and a benefit to a small city like Providence is you can just pop in your car and be back home within 5 minutes from just about everywhere you'd want to be on a Saturday night if it seems like the business is going to take a while.

A secondary benefit to quitting drinking has been not having to "experience" a bar restroom in years, God knows how many colds and flus I picked up from those places over the years.

Reply to
bitrex

I assume they mean a chopper amp?

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Given the nameless mung that collects on door handles that don't get cleaned regularly (skin flakes, grease, dirt, etc.) the copper may very well not work well in practice.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Does the source of funding change the reality?

Fuel cells have been the future since 1838.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

e-electric-car-it-drives

cientific or engineering merit have no credibility whatsoever.

l cell power for vehicles is the way of the future, not this garbage with r echargeables.

70 mph ~= 30 m/s. One imagines there are two coils that only transfer well when over the top of each other.. I guess you could have some series of coils. The fiddling for years sounds like they should have been talking to more people. (I'm not sure how to do a variable freq. switched amp. Well PWM.

If you have research money at a uni, you can run your own fiefdom. with serfs and the merchant class. I'm not sure what the PR department is analogous to? The whole administrative class has bloated at uni's. The ruling class, with prez as king. You can't blame the lord at his fiefdom, for what the king's press secretary is doing. George H. (hey apostrophe police, does the (') belong in king's? )

Reply to
George Herold

Copper is infused into the material. It's been trialed and certified by government agencies. The hospitals are buying it as fast as they can make it- selling like hotcakes.

Those results four years ago enabled EOS to get certified as a bacteria killer from the EPA. Then, the National Institutes of Health tested copper (which is part of the countertop material EOCU) and several other materials against COVID-19.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Hell yes.

They're enough of being the future to attract billions $$$ of investment. Just about every major car manufacture, except Tesla, is pursuing fuel cell powered products in a very big way.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

[..]

Well, that proves it. I'm so ashamed, thinking that Homeland Security and CDC and FBI might not be absolutely virtuous and infallible. ;)

Next time you venture out of your bunker, I invite you to take a close look at the door handles of your local stores. The good ones wash them regularly, but that's far from universal. In a reducing environment, ISTM even a few microns of mung will protect against the copper.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

OK there's no doubt copper is a heavy metal poison. (I think a few pennies in the fish tank kill the fish... or kill the bacteria, processing the fish waste... which then backs up and kills the fish.) Are you getting kickbacks from the copper corona counters? :^) GH

Reply to
George Herold

Even when the market price is negative?

If you can get 1/4 the mean daily price by using it to make hydrogen that seems like a better plan, not that it is necessarily the best plan.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to

rote:

f scientific or engineering merit have no credibility whatsoever.

fuel cell power for vehicles is the way of the future, not this garbage wit h rechargeables.

you used to create it out of water. If you use batteries, you get about 85 % of energy you started off with..

d by renewable energy.

Of course it is. If you can satisfy three time as many customers with the s ame area of solar cells, that's the option you are going to go for.

it is the conclusion of extensive literature survey. You will not be given any links or supportive argument to that effect.

I don't need them. There's massive enthusiasm in Australia for electrolysin g hydrogen, liquifying it and shipping tankers full of it off to Japan and Korea.

Venture capitalists are drooling at the prospect.

It's going to make money just as long as longer undersea power cables are i n the too-hard basket, and then die. It might be the way of near future, bu that's it.

Slightly smarter venture capitalists are looking at the prospect of running a very high voltage (and probably super-conducting) transmission link up t o Singapore. They aren't having to advertise as hard because they are looki ng for less gullible investors (who are more numerous).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

rote:

scientific or engineering merit have no credibility whatsoever.

uel cell power for vehicles is the way of the future, not this garbage with rechargeables.

you used to create it out of water.

It seems to be basic thermodynamics. Freeing up hydrogen gas frees up half the volume of oxygen gas, which isn't saleable, but represents an appreciab le chunk of energy. Converting hydrogen gas back to water doesn't give you back all of the energy you put in to get just the hydrogen either.

I've not bothered to plow through the calculations, but asking that questio n at a hydrogen economy seminar does get you put down as worrying about the rmodynamics, which clearly isn't a popular subject amongst hydrogen economy boosters.

Ferrosilicon. It was mixed with water but rather with and aqueous solution of caustic soda (sodium hydroxide, lye).

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
Bill Sloman

e-electric-car-it-drives

cientific or engineering merit have no credibility whatsoever.

l cell power for vehicles is the way of the future, not this garbage with r echargeables.

He wouldn't have had any more control over the antics of the public relatio ns department than today's researchers have.

When I was at Cambridge Instrument I wrote a couple of papers that got publ ished in the more commercial end of the scientific literature. My name was on the list of authors, but the people in the marketing department did edit what I'd written to make it more commercial (and less accurate). I don't l ist these papers in my CV.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

If you use electrolysis to break water into hydrogen and oxygen, at least do it at a high temperature, such as provided by concentrated solar power (CSP) or 4th generation high temperature nuclear reactor. This way some of the energy required to split water is delivered as heat and less electricity is required, thus avoiding some of the heat/solar to electricity losses in the product chain.

Pure oxygen is nice to have, if you want to burn something at high temperatures. Combusting something at high temperatures with air will also produce various NOx pollutants, which can be avoided with pure oxygen.

Reply to
upsidedown

snipped-for-privacy@downunder.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

reactor.

A mirror farm is a hot item. Point toward a central collector tower. Yep in use.

The other type mirror farm points the coolected light into the mirror center where a black pipe filled with liquid Sodium gets heated and then transported to a steam generator set-up

Another is tapping geothermal areas, but those are a lot less stable structure wise.

Yes, preheat would reduce the cost.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno