Can a bad capacitor cause this?

Can a bad capacitor on the CRT neck circuit cause a delay in the TV picture appearing? Incidentally, I found a dry joint on the same circuit which was causing one of the colours to disappear.

Reply to
hooch

Yes, it can. It can also be caused by cold solder joints on the CRT neck socket where it connects to the neck board.

Reply to
Matt J. McCullar

Thanks for that. I'll try changing it, it's a relatively cheap fix. I already resoldered (hopefully properly) the CRT neck socket when I was trying to find the source of the missing green.

-
Reply to
hooch