copper and aluminum

I dug up the old 2/O that I severed 10 years ago when I was digging. It was corroded back 2" inside the insulation. I spliced the two aluminum wires with a copper split bolt connector, tested all wires, turned on the power and it works. Now all I have to do is fill in the hole. This will free up three #10 wires for the generator. The generator is in the barn and the main disconnect for the house and barn is in the house.

Reply to
Jon

Which one of you will bite this "hook"?

Trolling, trolling.

tm

[snip]

We're hoping we're seeing the next Darwin Awards winner!

"Gee, I remember when him from way back when...."

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Did you put some antioxidant grease in the bonding ? good idea for Aluminum.

Reply to
Jamie

And Jamie wins the "first real response to the troll" award. Good going Jamie.

Reply to
PeterD

Nonsense. The Jon Giffen that lives in Bellaire, Ohio is no troll, he's a kook, so it has to be the "first real response to the kook" award. Good going, Jamie!

Reply to
Joe

Kook? That's no way to talk to someone who gets his circuits designed by God!

mike

Reply to
m II

I'm not sure we can tell or describe the difference between a troll and a kook in Jon's case...

Reply to
PeterD

The twerp is inelegible, already has kids.

Reply to
quiettechblue

Kids? That has nothing to do with killing yourself, by being exceedingly stupid. Take a look at the Darwin Awards website.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

. =A0It

theres a reason for the name, someone stupid killing themself before they have the chance to spread their genes helps evolution, thus the name Darwin :)

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

It

If someone is stupid enough to earn the award, it's likely their spawn will do the same. :)

The only questions are: Why are Bill Sloman, Dimbulb and Bret Cahil still alive?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Which god? Apparently not the one who created the universe, and confined man to the laws of physics.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell