Video recording in Spain

When I record TV programmes, the only way I can have both pictures and sound on the tape is to leave the TV on, tuned to the desired channel and recording using Line 1 input of the VCR. If I try to record using the channel pre-set in the VCR, all I get is the picture. I just moved to Spain and never had this problem in the UK. I'm using a Spanish TV, with a British video recorder (but it's all Japanese anyway!). I have the aerial lead going through the video to the TV and a Scart lead joining the TV and video, all as normal. Is there something different about the Spanish system which gives me this problem?

Reply to
Ed

Hiya!

The PAL system in Spain (can't remember excatly which one it is) uses a different audio carrier frequency to the british one, that's why you have sound problems when using a UK VCR.

Yours, Mark.

Ed wrote:

Reply to
Mark (UK)