Comments on this sil-pad?

?Name=BER161-ND

Or

and search for BER161-ND.

Tim

Tim Williams

I think the cheaper alternatives are thermally conductive adhesives or compounds like thermal grease. Well..maybe not.. One Loctite thermally conductive adhesive cost me $125CAN in the smallest quantity available. The BER161 4"x4" is @~$12.00CAD. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Depends on the application. if low thermal resistance is required, better to go with the white stuff as think as possible. If its not so criticla but you need some thermal contact to keep moderately warm components cooler and you don't want the tight tolerance issued of chassis mounted components, it is pretty good.

We use it on the opposite side of some D2PAC mosfets. Peppered the board with thermal vias and put the pad under the board. 10 degrees C lower temperature than without.

Reply to
Mook Johnson

It all depends on what you want to use it for and what you want to know... It's Berquist GAP-PAD 1500 thermally conductive material.

Ross Herbert

Tim Williams a écrit :

I used that to cool a low inductance 1mR PCB shunt (20x10mm) carrying up to 150A and dissipating up to 22W!

Worked like a charm, but this reminds me something: don't make the same mistake the prod guys did. When the board went to prod they forgot to peel off the protective sheets on the first one: pzzzt, pofff... three fully mounted 12 layers 20x15" ($3k each) going to dump at final test.

--
Thanks,
Fred.