Colloidal silver generator?

I've never been sick in my life. I hate doctors and don't go near hospitals - the waiting rooms are full of sick people who share their germs.

I had a previous exposure to mold that set the stage. I moved to Ottawa, Canada to promote the Binary Sampler:

I found a house at 175 Greenbank Rd, Nepean, K2H-5V6, that seemed ideal. It had plenty of room to set up a lab and was close to all the tech companies.

I had inspected the basement for black mold before signing the lease, but I began to get sick in January when winter set in and all the windows were closed. It turned out the basement was full of a gray/white mold or fungus that was growing on the bare concrete walls. It was the same color as the concrete and invisible unless you shone a light behind it and looked toward the light.

I tried to find another place to move, but nobody moves in Ottawa in the middle of winter. There was simply nothing available.

I tired killing the mold with bleach - it grew back in a few days. I tried painting the concrete with antifungal paint - it grew back right through the paint.

The headaches started in January/February, but I was sure they would go away as soon as I found another place to live. Eventually I did move, but the headaches got worse. It turns out I had become hypersensitive to the mold/fungus that grows in ordinary clothes. Here's an example:

Taken from "Microscopic Mold Talking rot...and mildew"

and another example:

Taken from "Clothing Spreads Aspergillus Spores"

As far as I can determine, the condition is permanent. It is debilitating without high-ionic cs (and fresh broccoli.)

Good thinking, but it turns out AC is a very inefficient method of generating silver ions. You have just released a cloud of ions into solution, when the voltage reverses and you now generate the opposite species.

You now have two clouds mixed together at both electrodes. This produces silver hydroxide:

Ag+ + OH- --> AgOH

which is insoluble, inert, and has no biological value.

Some people use neon sign transformers which are current limited at 20 or 30mA. The high voltage tends to move the previous cloud of ions away from the electrodes and produces a bit less hydroxide. However, the same high voltage brings them right back on the next half-cycle, so the clouds go through each other and generate hydroxides as above.

A bubbler is one of the least desirable ways of stirring cs. Normally there is a small amount of carbon dioxide in solution. This combines with the silver ions to form silver carbonate, but the amount lost is very small.

If you bubble air through the solution, you add more CO2 which goes into solution and makes more silver carbonate.

Also, despite very good filters, you add room dust and various spores and bacteria to the cs. Why contaminate it with the stuff you are trying to kill?

Very good questions, Mark. That is how progress is made with cs!

Best Wishes,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

Because there's no money in it for Big Pharma. Anybody can make it in their kitchen/bathroom/garage/basement/lab with stuff from the market that costs maybe ten bucks.

Have you noticed that if you buy cigarettes from a tobacco company, it will kill you, but if you buy OTC nicotine from Big Pharma, it will save your life? Or at least your soul?

Feh. Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

So, at this point, did you try to find an exorcist? >;->

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich The Newsgropup Wacko

we are

yet more nonsense about cs.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

I believe that's "fer" it. ;-p

Remember, it is morally wrong to allow a sucker to keep his money.

--
Cheers!
Rich

So... further on my point about the validity of "colloidal silver" as we are calling it... please read:

-- "Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day; give a man a bible, and he'll kill his neighbor and steal his fish..." MCJ 200309

Reply to
Mark Jones

Aaah, thank god I'm not a sucker then. :)

(The article basically says that ionic silver is NOT colloidal silver, and will rapidly combine with chlorine in the stomach and blood to form silver chloride - thus being highly ineffective.)

Wether THAT claim is true or not, who knows. But the chemistry behind it seems reasonable. Ionic silver + HCl ==> AgCl(s). Particulate silver (not missing the outer electrons) do not have the same charge states, and thus will not combine with chlorine as rapidly.

Still, that speaks nothing of its usefulness.

Suddenly, I feel like there are four topics to never bring up in a bar: Religion, War, Politics, and Colloidal Silver...

-- "Usenet Rule No. 2: Never claim, imply, insinuate, appeal, solicit, inquire, or pretend to know something that someone else may not. Typically the other party believes they have superior, exceptional, exclusive, noteworthy, paramount, or remarkable foreknowledge of said topic, and will surely fight to the death to prove you wrong..." MCJ 200401

Reply to
Mark Jones

I read in sci.electronics.design that Mark Jones wrote (in ) about 'Colloidal silver generator?', on Thu, 7 Apr 2005:

Interesting, but are you for it or agin it?

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

You're Welcome. >;->

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is kinda unique, isn't it? ;-P ;-P ;-P Kinda like pimple cream for retarded people?

So, are you going to submit this for a modquote? When I repeat it, do you want me to include any more attribution beyond 'MCJ 200401'?

Thanks! Rich

------ As Gen. de Gaulle occassionally acknowledges America to be the daughter of Europe, so I am pleased to come to Yale, the daughter of Harvard. -- J.F. Kennedy

Reply to
Rich The Newsgropup Wacko

Well, slow down a second - Mark Jones was talking about ionic silver, the Ag+ ion, not metallic silver, albeit it'd be interesting to see what happens to silver metal when aqueous HCl is poured over it - hmmm, maybe the chemistry has something to do with the silver-zinc battery - but I digress. Ionic silver should be just as happy as any other ion to interact with the H+ ions (the way it was taught to me, that would be H3O+) and Cl- ions - what's the other cation that's in solution to keep the silver ionic before you drink it? Nitrate? Cool - from AgNO3 and HCl you get AgCl and HNO3. Drink silver nitrate and turn your stomach acid into nitric!

Don't sell that cow! %-}

--
Cheers!
Rich

I read in sci.electronics.design that Mark Jones wrote (in ) about 'Colloidal silver generator?', on Thu, 7 Apr 2005:

You don't have free chlorine in your stomach! You have HCl, hydrochloric acid. Metallic silver will not displace hydrogen from HCl. At all.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

Thanks for the offer, but nobody cares who I am. So further details are unneccesary.

Reply to
Mark Jones

Gee, Mark, I've had Bibles most of my 50+ years. How far behind am I on my quota since I've never killed anyone, no matter how much they needed it?

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Particulate silver is metallic silver.

No, it wouldn't be interesting - nothing happens, as I said.

There isn't supposed to be ANY ionic silver in colloidal silver solution.

Yes, that reaction goes because the AgCl is insoluble and precipitates out. However, the owner of the stomach wouldn't 'go' after the experience.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

Five things. You should never bring up beer in a bar. Wait till you get outside.

Reply to
Paul Burke

Two words: Holy War. It's still going on to this day; ask the Al-Quida for instance. What better way to wage war than with God on your side? That really gets your blood pumping and "spirits lifted," ready to die for "your cause." Today it still endures; we hear it more along the lines of "God, please bless our troops and bring them home safely."

In the ages past, the Church was an omnipotent power, even surpassing Kings in most cases. So religion was used as a tool in the medieval era to A) manipulate people and B) wage war. If the church dictated that you and your family were to die invading some country, then that is exactly what happened, and you did so because GOD demanded it.

It is that astonishing naivety which I was trying to conceptualize in my tagline. Perhaps there is room for clarification.

Reply to
Mark Jones
[...]

[...]

John, all colloidal silver products produced by electrolysis contain silver ions. For example, Franks's Mesosilver has an ionic concentration of 3.9ppm. See his lab report at

Other products, such as Mild Silver Protein (MSP), Silver Acetate, and so on, are silver compounds and are almost completely ineffective as antibacterial/antifungal/antiviral agents.

The weak silver ion content is what gives Mesosilver it's rather poor antibacterial properties. The particles in Mesosilver are inert, as shown in Steve Quinto's analysis at

Additional supporting data are at

A typical 3 nines cs generator may produce between 5uS and 10uS, well-designed constant current cs generators may reach 15uS to 20uS, Trem William's SG7 can reach 45uS, and my latest double chamber cs generator just produced a Hanna PWT reading of 74.8uS

The particles produced in these generators is silver hydroxide, which is insoluble, inert, and has no biological activity. You can get an idea of the amount of hydroxide by shining a laser pointer through the solution to check for Tyndall.

The test is quite sensitive in a completely dark room. The amount of scattering increases with hydroxide content. However, it only shows particles larger than about 63nm.

The particles do not affect the conductivity of the solution. A Hanna PWT can be used to determine the ionic content since 1uS = 1ppm.

However, the PWT also responds to contaminants, such as bleach, vinegar, ammonia, etc. In order to get confidence the Hanna reading is reasonable, you need to verify how much silver was liberated during the brew. The Faraday equation tells you this, but it is somewhat cumbersome due to the unit conversions needed. I simplified the equations as follows:

Hours = (uS * Litres) / (F * I) I = (uS * Litres) / (F * Hours) Litres = (F * I * Hours) / uS uS = (F * I * Hours) / Litres

where

F = 4024 Hours = brew time I = current in Amperes Litres = volume of dw uS = PWT reading (1uS = 1ppm)

In addition, a simple salt test using canning or pickling salt produces a pale blue dispersion of silver chloride at 5uS or so. The dispersion turns whiter as the ion concentration increases.

Does this help?

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

It is inescapable. Silver ions are released at the anode when an atom give up an electron and goes into solution. Once it has done so, it cannot get the electron back except if it manages to reach the cathode and plate out. But it sticks to the cathode due to Van der Waals force and does not go into solution again.

Also, we need silver ions to go in the solution. That's the only thing that kills pathogens. The particles are inert. In the case of silver, there may be a way to convert them to ions in the body, as the manufacturers of silverlon and acticoat bandages claim. These products are recognized by the FDA, so there's some hard evidence for the benefit of ionic silver.

But it's much more efficient to just make the ionic solution. You can get a much stronger concentration of ions, and minimize the waste forming silver hydroxide.

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

I read in sci.electronics.design that Mark Jones wrote (in ) about 'Colloidal silver generator?', on Fri, 8 Apr 2005:

Yes, well, it's watered down to align with current Christian ethos. The plea is not for the troops to kill the maximum number of enemy, which is what you get from the Old Testament. ('Saul has slain his thousands, but David his tens of thousands.')

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

Nah, I've been lurking to see what kind of things people post and how much of that is traceable to Frank's misinformation.

The truth is very little silver reaches the stomach as ions. If you drink from a bottle containing cs, it turns purple. The saliva on your tongue has very similar composition to blood, except it doesn't contain hemoglobin.

But it contains some 200 different proteins, and about one-third are metalloproteins. A metalloprotein allows the body to transfer ions to where they are needed. Hemoglobin is also a metalloprotein, but it transfers oxygen without combining with it, which would be fatal.

The purple color is clearly not silver chloride, since that substance is white until it is exposed to light.

The purple color only occurs when silver ions come in contact with saliva from humans or animals, such as cats. If you add cs to their bowl of drinking water, it quickly turns purple from the same reaction.

To learn more about metalloproteins, see Fred Peschel's report at

So you see, John, everyone is against Frank Key. Nobody buys his arguments on silver chloride.

Steve Quinto and Fred Pschel provide convincing arguments that Mesosilver doesn't work, ions are the only thing that kills pathogens, and metalloproteins explain how they enter the body.

Does that help?

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett