Climate Change Prediction is bunk...

The only time I've used those was in ex-USAF base flatbeds that were used for towing aircraft and cables :)

(Or maybe I did some hire cars on the west coast, decades ago; I forget).

Reply to
Tom Gardner

The Austin America was Britain's revenge for the Revolution. But it was a pioneer in front-wheel-drive transverse engine design.

My flaming red Audi A3 3.2 really kicks butt. My first automatic transmission.

lunatic fringe electronics

They're still popular in the US on police vehicles but AFAIK no domestically made cars have them stock anymore, nowadays they're retrofitted during the police-spec/interceptor upgrade process.

Reply to
bitrex

That thing was a "hooptie" the day it rolled off the assembly line. ;-)

Reply to
bitrex

I don't know. I ignore sports and politics, which are similar scams.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

As far as I know, there are exatcly zero column shifted standard transmission cars being manufactured today.

More accurately, they WERE popular in some states (like Texas) to have the "three on the tree" configuration because the transmission tunnel gets used for other equipment mounting, etc.

Reply to
Long Hair

Some of the stupid shit that issues forth from your face has to be a scam.

Or the mama monkey dropped you on your head too much.

Reply to
Long Hair

My God. You imported /that/? I didn't realise you were /that/ undiscriminating! Dreadful things.

I thought the Mini was the real pioneer w.r.t. front-wheel-drive transverse engine design, but then I'm seriously uninterested in cars, provided they Get Me There. Too many wheels, too few wings.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It probably was the Mini, but the AA was the first one that I saw. Fortunately, it wasn't mine.

Cars are a great improvement over covered wagons, or walking in the cold rain.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

? has

ng the

ce

oard with AGW. Almost overnight, they did a 180 with no explanation and hav e remained that way ever since.

ticians generally aren't scientists), but rather I suspect they were paid o ff, or wanted to use this issue as a wedge much like abortion or gay marria ge.

rous video clips of these prominent politicians stating global warming is a big issue that must be addressed.

just more handiwork from Republicans to discredit research.

It's a complicated subject, and even minor effects are of considerable econ omic importance.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

If you could think for yourself you'd find that even more amazing. Pity about that.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

And is so great to have Amazon/Google/Apple listening to every word said in your home.

Reply to
krw

If I were to let something like that into my house, I should be committed. Voice assistants on phones remain off.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

That explains a lot.

Yeah, big move up.

In the '70s, I was following a small car with a red and yellow "Explosives" decal on the back. I thought to myself what an odd vehicle to carry dynamite in. ...then the light went on and I burst out laughing. No one else in the car thought it was that funny, though.

Reply to
krw

A PRNDL or three-on-the-tree? I have one of the former, now (F150).

The car I learned on was a '64 Ford Custom 200 straight six, with a three-on-the-tree. Hard car to drive. The clutch was *really* sensitive. My first car was a '70 Gremlin. The most appropriately named car in history.

Reply to
krw

I've only ever driven one three-on-the-tree--it was a 1960s Fargo van that a friend of my future wife lent her for a move in 1982ish. Fairly ghastly, but fun for an afternoon.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

1984's Big Brother (sister?) is here and folks are inviting it into their homes and pockets!

John :-#(#

Reply to
John Robertson

I am sure you have already considered this, but think about the fact that this device is nothing more than a cell phone or hooks to the net thru your connections. It is dedicated to listening and responding.

Your phone is no different and could be and could have been listening this entire time. It did not require a hard installed dedicated applet to do it, just a few NSA 'plug-ins', courtesy of your friends at Google, Apple, etc.

Reply to
Long Hair

What's so amazing about it? Are you doing acid now??

Cursitor Doom

Aw honey

I drove an original Beetle one time, hard to believe anyone ever daily drove them at all much less sold millions. It felt like one of those half-scale amusement park rides for kids you drive around a track with a rail in the center at Busch Gardens, not a real car.

The Pinto was apparently pretty reliable but I don't recall exactly how long they had it and they don't either. The next grocery-getter I remember my family owning was some kind of Dodge K-car station wagon in the late 1980s, like a Dodge Aries or Plymouth Reliant or something eh they were all the same car pretty much. Pretty sure I recall them looking at one of the "Dustbuster" minivans at some point but that never happened, yeesh.

Reply to
bitrex