Climate Change Prediction is bunk...

No, it was just a regular PRNDL automatic. By the time I was of legal driving age manual trannies were mostly reserved for either the serious econoboxes or sports/luxury cars. I had a friend in college who had a manual Honda CRX that I drove occasionally but I've never had a car with a clutch pedal as a daily driver

Reply to
bitrex

Like 8" floppy drives, disco 8 track tapes, and CB radio, manual transmissions as standard equipment were mostly gone with the snows of yesteryear by the time I showed up.

I have a hardcopy of the Saturday Evening Post from 1967 that I look thru sometimes. They say that the times nearest to us are the most strange to us, it's only about decade and a half older than I am. It is a very strange magazine, like something from some alternate universe that never was.

Reply to
bitrex

Friends drove us around in their parent's bug when I was in jr. high - high. They loved the thing. It was great in snow and even better parallel parking (back in and carry the nose over to the curb).

They were as bad as Vegas, as far as engines go. Of course they weren't so great in a rear-end collision, either.

Dodge Aries and Dart, Plymouth Reliant, and Chrysler LeBaron. Different trim,, same car, same "rich Corinthian leather". The engines (slant-six, anyway) was a great engine. The rest was junk. Chrysler hasn't gotten any better.

That's a GM, sure. I don't know much about them but I had two Plymouth Voyagers that were really comfortable driving (perfect for driving around crumb-crunchers) but also really unreliable and _way_ underpowered.

Reply to
krw

Then they came back.

So about three decades separated from your "reality". Three decades is a lot.

Reply to
krw

Both my '85 and '90 Plymouth Voyager LEs were sticks (though four-on-the-floor). The Voyager LE was their top-of-the-line minivan, so hardly a econobox or sports car (wouldn't classify as "luxurious", either). We didn't own an automatic until we bought '92 GM shitbox (Chevy Beretta). SWMBO decided she didn't want another stick. In

2001, she decided I didn't either. ;-)
Reply to
krw

You're kiddin', right?

Reply to
krw

Yes indeed. And the only rational explanation is that we exist in a universe of countless many, randomly generated. Random is the only explanation that terminates. If it is not random, i.e a reason, than what is the reason for that reason....?

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

Oh dear....

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

I agree. OR is a valuable tool.

For example, the claim of females that "I wear high heels, so only seeking those 6' and above" is more easily explained by "I wear high heels so you short gits don't annoy me". As in, all guys know that females always tell short guys to take a hike and they wont want to embarrass themselves by the rejection.

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

I haven't found any lack of short women for us short guys. Actually, short skinny women are cute. Easier to feed and carry around, too.

High heels are really bizarre. Barefoot is better.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You sound like you have no respect for engineering.

20,000 years from now, we may be designing planets for our favorite inventions/pets.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

My only memory of the Beretta is I remember seeing a young man outside a shopping mall sometime in the early 90s polishing the tail lights, like he was quite pleased to own it. Then I never saw one again.

The one with the 3.4L DOHC V6 seems like it couldn't have been that bad

Reply to
bitrex

Lipstick on a pig. Ours was a 4 (2.3l, IIRC).

Reply to
krw