cctv with twisted pair video output

Is it possible for me to connect my cctv camera with twisted pair video output to a PC capture card? The camera has a bnc connector, but it's not working. I'm guessing the twisted pair output might work.

Reply to
e.david6

More details. What camera? What capture card has balanced inputs for video? Are you sure the "twisted pair" on the camera isn't just the DC power connection?

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

I'd check if the camera is working, by plugging it into a normal TV in AV mode before thinking of fancifull ways of re writing the operating system

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

The BNC video should be good to 50mtr. Twisted pair would need expensive passive or active baluns at either end and would be OK out to longer distances but no basic picture improvements. Sounds much like your camera or capture card is knackered.

Reply to
john jardine