Using camcorder as a webcam ?

Hello,

I am wondering if it's possible to use for example a Panasonic TM 700 camcorder as a webcam ?

I think it's not possible... but I am not sure... such a feature would be nice though...

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

If the camera has a video out and you have a capture card that works with it I don't see why it would not work. al

Reply to
mickgeyver

" If the camera has a video out and you have a capture card that works with it I don't see why it would not work. al "

I do not have a capture card :( (nor do I really wish for it.)

I am hoping it's still somehow possible...

After I posted the message I googled a bit... and maybe it's possible via usb cables and special software...

Some camcorders might be able to do it... others not... I think the camcorder has to be designed for it...

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Yes. Unless the camcorder or camera is designed for it, you'll spend far more kludging something together than just going out and buying a webcam designed as such. (Cheaps ones can be had for, oh, say, $10... and there are many good ones between $50-$100...)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I'm getting remarkably high quality from...

Logitech Webcam Pro 9000, $67.75 from Amazon. ...Jim Thompson

It's irrelevant because who the hell wants to look at you? =3D:-O

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise on Google groups

Has anyone found a web cam w/software to control a zoom feature ??

Some kind of 400mm telephoto lens on a web cam ??

thanks

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

ar more

ned

ny good

I have been trying to find a good cheap one. I want one with a 1.3 or

2.0 Megapixel sensor that I can easily take the lense off and use different optics.

I did get a Rocketfish webcam off Ebay for $12. It has a 2.0 megapixel sensor , but has autofocus. Good but not easily hacked.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Theoretically if the camera has a USB output, it should be possible to use it as a webcam. Most of the webcam software that supports USB cameras will pick up your camcorder and simply treat it as a 'normal' webcam. I used to use an old Canon MV150 as a webcam via a capture card, but haven't tried it with my newer Canon Legria FS21 via it's USB output simply because I don't have the webcam software installed anymore. As for controlling the zoom function, there is software around that will allow you to control the zoom and other functions on certain DSLRs as well as some older models of P&S cameras. I used to use an Olympus C730 (4MPixel) as a webcam with very clear shots. The software also controlled the zoom function of this camera, as well as shutter speed, apeture, etc. If you do a Google search for 'High Res webcams' you should find some results.

Reply to
kim