Analog to VGA conversion

I have a Sony CCD camera connected to a controller that outputs video as analog RGB with external sync (four cable BNC). The video monitor (NTSC/PAL) used to view the live feed has since died and I'm looking for an alternative for video monitoring. I'd like to use a vga monitor (PC) as a replacement. Not much luck yet finding a suitable conversion device or component. Everything I've read seems to say it isn't that easy. Is it? Or could you use a video card to capture the live video into a PC? A frame grabber would work, but it makes focusing the camera difficult as you have to constantly focus-grab, focus- grab. Best case would be a card that can handle real time live feed. I'm asking for professional advice on options. Video card or otherwise. Video conversion is not my specialty, so I wouldn't mind a dummy's guide sort of approach. Thx.

Reply to
Terry C.

No easy conversion because the scan rates are so much different.

Best to find a used RGB input video monitor to use or fix the old one.

The video capture cards do not even have RGB input but typically only have composite or s-video inputs, some newer high end ones have component input, but no RGB input.

Some of the earlier multi-sync VGA monitors that had the bnc connections also would do the standard ntsc and pal frequencies, but those are rare to find now.

Reply to
dkuhajda

"Terry C." wrote in news:TmMjf.416$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

You could try one of these;

Wes.

Reply to
Wes.

Not worth it.

Because the scan rates are totally different, you would need a scaler. These are not cheap, you would be better off spending the money on a new monitor.

Reply to
Luke Siemaszko