can anybody identify these Amp connectors?

--
The 40 pin one looks like it might be one of these:

http://ecommas.tycoelectronics.com/commerce/DocumentDelivery/DDEController?Action=ecatdrawselcritrslt&Part=487223-5

or you might find it if you fill out this table:

http://catalog.tycoelectronics.com/TE/bin/TE.Connect?C=10197&M=FEAT&G=G

Good luck... that's a tough site to navigate!
Reply to
John Fields

Hi - I need to find matching receptacles for these two connectors. They're both made by Amp - but I'm not sure of the part numbers. Both cables are about 10 years old and are from a wafer inspection machine. I have uploaded 4 pictures of the two here:

Unfortunately - my camera is not very good at macros - but in DCP_

0700.JPG you can see the two pretty well. The finer pitch connector has two rows of 40 pins. The columns appear to be about a .05" pitch, while the rows are spaced maybe .1". This connector also has some sort of latching mechanism.

The other connector is a normal .1" pitch connector. Only odd thing is that the mating receptacle had two sort of claws/latches that clipped onto the sides of the cable when you plugged it in. Also the polarizing piece of plastic on it is a fairly standard width (appears to be the same as an IDE cable in a computer), but it is only about 3/32" long.

Any ideas on what model numbers they are and what model numbers the matching receptacles would be? I spent a good hour on the amp website without any luck. Thanks!

-Michael Noone

Reply to
Michael Noone

AMP MODU ?

Reply to
Martin Riddle

John Fields wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

&M=FEAT&G=G

Hi - I still haven't been able to find a damned thing. I took some better pictures and uploaded them here:

Any ideas? Might Amp be able to help me? Every connector has the amp logo on it - but I'm also aware that these parts are about 10 years old!

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Noone

How is anyone supposed to see what they are with those out of focus pictures? Try laying it on a flat bed scanner and covering it with a couple layers of white cloth before you scan them. You also need to crop the pictures. They were slow loading with a cable modem.

--
Beware of those who suffer from delusions of adequacy!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell