Cadence Allegro initiation

Hi all, I try to understand the complete process to bring a design to a physical PCB with the Cadence Suite. All the component in the release PSD 15.1 give me a really hard time. I have difficulty to understand the logic sequence between design and the PCB. I did my schematic with Capture CIS. What I must do after, create a netlist? When I should provide the board outline and with which software, Spectra Quest??? What is the difference between SpectraQuest, Spectra, PCB Designer, etc???

Can you provide me a little help to clarify a few things or do you know good tutorial to start. It's impossible to start with the cadence litterature.

Thanks, Fred

Reply to
frb78

Hi Fred, Well, I would start with either going through the chapter 14 of the CIS user's guide for the beginnings of using Allegro editor with CIS, and then look at the tutorials for Allegro editor. You are talking about a subject that people take a few $1000 classes to learn the basics on, much less get good at.

You set up the board outline and develop all your PCB libraries in Allegro Editor. SpecctraQuest is now Allegro SI (signal integrity) which should give you a clue that it does signal integrity analysis. Specctra is the industry standard auto-router. PCB Designer is a combination of Allegro Editor with a front end, usually Concept (Allegro Design Entry HDL)

The Cadence website has links to internet training, but it is almost as expensive as the live classes.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Because Cadence products are so-o-o-o-o intuitive ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Is there other good and easier tools to learn than allegro. I don't need the complete simulation features include in Allegro.

Reply to
frb78