Bypass test fails Tek 2445?

I asked this on another group too with no response. Surely someone here must be familiar with this. Please excuse me for trying again.

My Tektronix 2445 oscilloscope is showing two error codes on startup. Without going into the specifics of each, can anyone tell me which button(s) to push to bypass these and get the scope to operate?

I understand some of the affected functions may not work to spec. I am hoping it is just calaibration faults and I can have a usable scope until I have funds for repair.

Many thanks,

Steven Johnson

Reply to
Steven Johnson

I don't know that scope but in most cases (my lab is mostly HP) a sudden onset of error messages was remedied by re-seating EPROMs and other chips in the affected instrument. They have often used expensive ceramic parts but, for reasons that totally elude me, dirt cheap socket.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Join this group & ask them: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Steven Johnson schrieb:

Press the A/B trigger button to override the eror mesage and try to get teh scope to work.

For details on how to cure the sympthoms, check a service manual: The errot code should be similar to "TEST xy failed ERROR nm" the xy and nm usually give a pretty good hint where the problem is located.

hth, Andreas

Reply to
tekamn

ehsjr schrieb: