Tek 2445 error code

My Tek 2445 oscilloscope displays the following on-screen error codes on each startup.

"CT Test 86 Fail 02" "CT Test 87 Fail 04"

I assume CT refers to the "confidence tests". Meaning the scope will operate after the "A/B Menu" button is pushed.

I referred to the service manual, but could not correlate the above numbers with the table shown on page 6-11. There is no reference to numbers like 86 and 87.

Can someone with experience on this great piece of gear please throw me a line. It's my all-time favorite scope and I would hate to loose it.

Jim Damon

Reply to
Jim damon

At least a 2445 is old enough to be repairable.

On all new Tek scopes, ALL error codes mean "send back to factory and pay a large percentage of the purchase price to have the unit repaired."

Reply to
Carl Smith

Jim damon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Nope. CT=Counter/Timer,one of the available OPTIONS. To service you will need the separate manual for that option.

Your scope should have a label on it that states what options are installed in it.Perhaps you have a 2445CTS,not just a 2445.

Meaning the scope will

Sure,there's nothing wrong with the main scope.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik